Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

MCPRE

Familiar Face
I regularly feed my birds, all year round, and whenever I see a big stray cat snooping around its "Who let the DOGS out"! :D
And guess what, they keep coming back!

cptjeff

Practically Family
MCPRE said:
I regularly feed my birds, all year round, and whenever I see a big stray cat snooping around its "Who let the DOGS out"! :D
And guess what, they keep coming back!
That would be because they catch enough birds when you don't notice to justify continuing to try... You're fighting a losing battle there.

MCPRE

Familiar Face
The only thing Ive seen have success is a big Hawk that lives around here. I have a cubby of sparrows that hes always watching, I see him swoop down on them through my front window.

Smuterella

One Too Many
"I'm helping you with your sewing, I don't see the problem"

2010_03140008.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Marlene speaks....

No has no more pizza. Will make you fats.

Cats28Feb2010004.jpg

ps.... Marlene thinks Marlon is a very pretty boy, I think she likes younger men!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
Those were the days when cats were cats, all right. One of the owners says her Persian Blue - a show champion - is "very fond of ratting!"

More pix of your cat plz!

Becan caught a mouse...
becan.jpg

Lokar

A-List Customer
Edward said:
ps.... Marlene thinks Marlon is a very pretty boy, I think she likes younger men!

Marlene looks so freakishly like my older she-cat Cookie. I don't just mean "ooh, another black cat", but the body shape, the look in the eyes, the whisker length..

Edward

Bartender
Lokar said:
Marlene looks so freakishly like my older she-cat Cookie. I don't just mean "ooh, another black cat", but the body shape, the look in the eyes, the whisker length..

That look of cold contempt, you mean? lol Funny thing is that while she looks nothing like her, Marlene's facial expressions are pure Tully. Tully was a beautiful, big (and she was a big girl - she was pushing thirty-six pounds at her peak) tabby who graced my parents lives for several years. She died about four years ago at, we believe, something around the age of eighteen. When she was angry or wished to signal disapproval, she had a look that my mother described as the 'owl look'. Totally the look of confident superiority and/or contempt that my little Marlene pulls off so well.

Her sister, funnily enough, who resembles Tully much more in looks (and likely, as she gets older, size - only two and she's on the heavy side already, tabbies are prone to that...), is very diffrent - she always manages to look somehow concerned or worried. This is Greta at about six months, with what would become a signature expression:

12940676_600.jpg

And here she is, perched in a makeshift hammock she fashioned from one of the Big Cat's shirts that happened to be sitting on the drying rack:

12940724_600.jpg

Smuterella said:
Marlene certainly is looking very imposing there, I think poor little Marlon would be terrified. lol

Ah, she's a sweetie, really.... but I suspect she might have a dominatrix streak! :eek:

Lokar

A-List Customer
She sounds just like Cookie. Here's a few pictures of her (and our other cat, Semla, who is an eternal kitten, and a real runt, so she looks the part, too) - Cookie first (with a slight look of contempt - my wife cut off the arms on a sweater where they were too long, and turned them into cat necklaces. I don't think she likes it much.. ;)).

4440561260_e51ef97737.jpg
3647158763_3737fac7d7.jpg

1346886677_f64f07d036.jpg
1354070662_296cbb998f.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
I think I'm in love with Semla!

I have to take poor Marlon to the vet tomorrow. He is not at all well. I'm so worried and having a cry.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
I think I'm in love with Semla!

I have to take poor Marlon to the vet tomorrow. He is not at all well. I'm so worried and having a cry.
Oh no! I'm sending loving thoughts your way <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe