Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds "Test" jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
In November of 2013, while looking through an old/odd collection of leather jackets, I renewed my interest in vintage leather jackets. I found this forum and started following links to the high end makers around the world. I was familiar with some from their military jackets. Then comes ebay and all the newer used and vintage jackets for sale. I have owned and worn vintage jackets all my life. I wore out several through the years. The newer jackets looked amazing with all the leather choices and styles. Many $ and jackets later:
Before I ordered the “Test” I purchased a used LW Roadmaster and Suburban. Both are black HH, the Roadmaster about 4.5 pounds and very comfortable. Reminds me of my vintage early 60s Sears Fieldmaster. Just a great weight and nice fit. The Suburban is a heavier, 6.25 pound. Again a very impressive jacket.
I purchased several of the HH vest from the LW sale page and had email conversations with Stuart. I told him I was interested in a “Test”. He suggested a “full bore Test”. I told him the LW jackets I owned and how they fit, my size and that is it. I’m a pretty standard 44 with a bit of post smoking belly. I did want something substantial. It took about 4 weeks to arrive. The UPS tracking said 9 pounds. I was a little concerned since I was really liking the light weight Roadmaster.
The “Test” weights 7.75. I have a custom cowhide Johnson leather that is 8 pounds. I also sold a Aero heavy HH café racer that went at least 8 pounds, just a bit small for me.
The “Test” is flawless in construction and fits perfectly. Amazing work.
Here is a link to more pictures. and here

[video=youtube;XG7Fy0-VN88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XG7Fy0-VN88[/video]

rmconner80

Familiar Face
Nice jacket, fits you great. You've just inspired me to craft a similar video of my LW Test 1930s jacket in 4oz Russet. Quality and lighting are poor but you get the idea.

I got it maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago. I've put a couple hours a day in wearing it and it's breaking in nicely.

Yours fits great. I'm happy with mine and love it overall. The construction is amazing. However LW jackets are a bit boxy in the body for me. I have a size 38 Raider and knew I'd need a 40 when I ordered the HH Test. I need the 40 to get the right fit for shoulder width, and sleeve / jacket length, but I end up cinching in the waist straps quite a bit, as well as the wrist straps. It works, but as you can see the back looks kind of like the side of a barn. Superb jacket nonetheless.

[video=youtube;s4Gbl0iAes0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Gbl0iAes0&sns=em[/video]

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Hey, great vid! I hesitate to call the "Test" a jacket, more like a coat. I haven't got the sleeve straps adjusted, they are just too tight in the hardware. I did tighten up my side staps. I have thought about ordering one in the original weight of the jacket. 4+ounce will take some time to break. My Suburban was hardly worn and has broke in nicely with wear. It is a bit lighter than the "Test". It is a lot of jacket for the money. I would think the leather alone would cost $600. Thanks for sharing that Vid. I think the Videos give a nice fit picture it isn't hard to do. Maybe more folks will give it a try.

Milesdeathescape

One of the Regulars
In November of 2013, while looking through an old/odd collection of leather jackets, I renewed my interest in vintage leather jackets. I found this forum and started following links to the high end makers around the world. I was familiar with some from their military jackets. Then comes ebay and all the newer used and vintage jackets for sale. I have owned and worn vintage jackets all my life. I wore out several through the years. The newer jackets looked amazing with all the leather choices and styles. Many $ and jackets later:
Before I ordered the “Test” I purchased a used LW Roadmaster and Suburban. Both are black HH, the Roadmaster about 4.5 pounds and very comfortable. Reminds me of my vintage early 60s Sears Fieldmaster. Just a great weight and nice fit. The Suburban is a heavier, 6.25 pound. Again a very impressive jacket.
I purchased several of the HH vest from the LW sale page and had email conversations with Stuart. I told him I was interested in a “Test”. He suggested a “full bore Test”. I told him the LW jackets I owned and how they fit, my size and that is it. I’m a pretty standard 44 with a bit of post smoking belly. I did want something substantial. It took about 4 weeks to arrive. The UPS tracking said 9 pounds. I was a little concerned since I was really liking the light weight Roadmaster.
The “Test” weights 7.75. I have a custom cowhide Johnson leather that is 8 pounds. I also sold a Aero heavy HH café racer that went at least 8 pounds, just a bit small for me.
The “Test” is flawless in construction and fits perfectly. Amazing work.
Here is a link to more pictures. and here

[video=youtube;XG7Fy0-VN88]
Love your content! Both your videos and pics. Super nice to have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun