Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Ryder finally a jacket that fits.

winterland1

Practically Family
I had purchased a used Aero Half-Belt that was too tight. Posted about it here. Sold it and now have a used Lost Worlds Ryder size 38 in a dark brown horse hide that fits perfect. Ya! I am happy.
I wanted to be able to wear a sweater under as in the picture. LL Bean wool commando sweater here keeping me warm on a below zero northern Minnesota day. Was the warmest it was all day. Visting over the holiday. Got down to -14 at night.
The leather is beautiful. It has a snap inside pocket that is always in use. Pure Black Nylon Flight Satin Lining, Brass Talon zippers, Moleskin Cotton-lined pockets, Solid Brass side adjustment buckles.
Glad I didn't try to keep a jacket that didn't fit right. Happy New Year.
LostWorldsRyderedit.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations. Always a good thing to find something that fits well and looks good.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
You didn't say how you got it. That 9/10ths of the battle on a good fit. Also, for benefit of generations unborn who may someday be researching this post for LW Ryder sizing, what's you height, weight, etc.?

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
You didn't say how you got it. That 9/10ths of the battle on a good fit. Also, for benefit of generations unborn who may someday be researching this post for LW Ryder sizing, what's you height, weight, etc.?

I believe it is a stock size 38. 38 on the tag. Ebay used.
I am 5'9" 137lbs 30/30 pants. Chest 37"
The Aero Half-Belt that was too small was a 36. Here is a link to that thread. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?68337-My-Aero-50-s-Half-Belt-36-fit-opinions&highlight=
The Ryder fits great with just a t-shirt on also.
Jacket measurements
Chest: 20 1/2 inches pit-to-pit
Waist: 19 1/2 inches
Sleeve Length: 25 inches from shoulder seam
Across Shoulders: 18 inches seam to seam
Back length (from bottom of collar): 24 inches

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
Is that the one with the black over-dye and the Fullers Earth? Looks awesome! It really caught my eye when it was on ebay, but, alas, I'm too big of a lunk to fit into it! Looks perfect on you - you lucky dog! :)

winterland1

Practically Family
Yes Bob J that is the one. Dirt removed.
The Aero Half-Belt I sold went to Hong Kong.
In the end I do want to get a black jacket but this is close enough for now. Until I find a good deal and correct fit on a black one anyways. Ha!

Trust But Verify

New in Town
I recently consigned a beautiful vintage FQHH 1930s/40s halfbelt (from that timeframe) at Insurrection. It had the nicest horsehide and patina imaginable and felt amazing. The fit in the shoulders just barely did not work for me to the point that I wasn't wearing it enough, but would have fit you perfectly. Apparently the new owner looks great in it. Glad that you found a great jacket that you enjoy!

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I had purchased a used Aero Half-Belt that was too tight. Posted about it here. Sold it and now have a used Lost Worlds Ryder size 38 in a dark brown horse hide that fits perfect. Ya! I am happy.
I wanted to be able to wear a sweater under as in the picture. LL Bean wool commando sweater here keeping me warm on a below zero northern Minnesota day. Was the warmest it was all day. Visting over the holiday. Got down to -14 at night.
The leather is beautiful. It has a snap inside pocket that is always in use. Pure Black Nylon Flight Satin Lining, Brass Talon zippers, Moleskin Cotton-lined pockets, Solid Brass side adjustment buckles.
Glad I didn't try to keep a jacket that didn't fit right. Happy New Year.
LostWorldsRyderedit.jpg
Looks good, post pics of the back. I want a good brown jacket. HWM fit too baggy/boxy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82