Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds’ founder Stuart interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ton, I think I bought your LW Ryder, didn't I. If not I have the same jacket. It is a really nice example, I like mine a lot.

Stuart's personality or his character doesn't bother me. If it's kayfabe or really him, doesn't matter. When he gets it right, his jackets are something else. I can disagree with someone and still find value in talking to them. I would be dumbfounded if I ever met someone who I agreed with about everything. I do think some things are worth fighting for but there's more civil ways to resolve differences that are preferred.

Anyhow, I'm glad I have my Ryder and my Buco Rider (purchased from Lina) long ago. Great quality, look good on me, and fit well.
I liked the Ryder too. Sleeves were just too short. I have no problem with Stu. The hides are boring but certainly robust. He isn’t really forthcoming on sizing. And height:weight aren’t nearly specific enough. According to my BMI I am morbidly obese. So I think some clarity in his process or pattern grading is sorely needed.
But first and foremost, any discussion of a maker should at the very least be based on experience. With the product in hand. I know you have it, as do most others here. Then a noob with a jacket on order promotes himself to Lancelot. So I tried to stay out of this dumpster fire but at a certain point it got too far off the rails. Glad you like the Ryder, I knew you would and for what it’s worth I agree with what you’ve said.

I've assumed in the last few posts that you're either overly sensitive or drunk but just in case I've guessed incorrectly, what exactly did I say that made you puffy and retain water so quickly?
I assume you are senile so lets run through it, you can enlarge the text in your phones settings if it’s hard to read:

-You don’t own a jacket from LW and you never have.

The end.

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
But first and foremost, any discussion of a maker should at the very least be based on experience. With the product in hand. I know you have it, as do most others here. Then a noob with a jacket on order promotes himself to Lancelot. So I tried to stay out of this dumpster fire but at a certain point it got too far off the rails. Glad you like the Ryder, I knew you would and for what it’s worth I agree with what you’ve said.

Haha! It is a dick measuring contest for you!

Here's how it works, Nancy. I never commented on the quality of Stu's product and instead only commented on the differences in the way an old guy can appear cranky in ways that a younger guy might not understand. Reading comprehension isn't for everyone though and now your comments make sense. Your delicate grasp on personal validation has been abraded and the only tool in your bag was to misdirect, obfuscate and then post selfies.

I assume you are senile so lets run through it, you can enlarge the text in your phones settings if it’s hard to read:

-You don’t own a jacket from LW and you never have.

The end.

What a coincidence. You had assumed that I was senile and incorrectly equate visual acuity with cognitive clarity while I had assumed you were either a mean spirited drunk, stupid, or both. Drunk or stupid aside, you're far too much of a twat for me to take any interest in what might shake out of your sleeve next.

Welcome to my ignore list. Population: 1

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer
IMO, Stu's website is probably the funniest customer screening tool I've come across. If you go through all that and come out of the other side still wanting to deal with him (whether you actually agree or disagree with his opinions) - you're most likely gonna have a good time working with him on your purchase.

He isn’t really forthcoming on sizing. And height:weight aren’t nearly specific enough. According to my BMI I am morbidly obese. So I think some clarity in his process or pattern grading is sorely needed.
May have been true at one point, but I think he has changed his approach. Now when I ask for measurements, he has his machinist forward them over to me. If something looks off, I can always ask to change something. I'm not too sure about their pattern grading process. They're accommodating to an extent, but if it's a significant change to the pattern then $$$.

1727230620612.png

But first and foremost, any discussion of a maker should at the very least be based on experience. With the product in hand. I know you have it, as do most others here. Then a noob with a jacket on order promotes himself to Lancelot.
To be fair, there are others in this thread that don't own a LW and say they will never own one, yet have a lot of opinions on the maker. Nothing wrong with the opinions, I feel like that's what kept this thread interesting - especially when the stuff I've bought from Stuart is being likened to sacks or hot leathers.

Anyway that's my piece on just having an open discussion. I'll step out of the arena and let Lancelot duke it out with the Dragon :D

Last edited:
IMO, Stu's website is probably the funniest customer screening tool I've come across. If you go through all that and come out of the other side still wanting to deal with him (whether you actually agree or disagree with his opinions) - you're most likely gonna have a good time working with him on your purchase.

May have been true at one point, but I think he has changed his approach. Now when I ask for measurements, he has his machinist forward them over to me. If something looks off, I can always ask to change something. I'm not too sure about their pattern grading process. They're accommodating to an extent, but if it's a significant change to the pattern then $$$.

View attachment 642194

To be fair, there are others in this thread that don't own a LW and say they will never own one, yet have a lot of opinions on the maker. Nothing wrong with the opinions, I feel like that's what kept this thread interesting - especially when the stuff I've bought from Stuart is being likened to sacks or hot leathers.

Anyway that's my piece on just having an open discussion. I'll step out of the arena and let Lancelot duke it out with the Dragon :D
True but I think the folks that don’t own were turned off by Stu’s moronic rhetoric. It always made me laugh. And I never took it seriously. But our noob friend with no jacket insists he understands something we all missed. But he has no jacket. He doesn’t even have the product. So what he’s defending is just the part of the enterprise that is essentially a joke. TBH I always thought Stu is probably a closet homosexual with massive insecurities about his ability to appear masculine. But that never stopped me from ordering a jacket. It no less reads loud and clear in his ramblings. Just like wannabe tough guy, murder she wrote, old man trouser douche has to pretend to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael