Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds’ founder Stuart interviewed

Peacoat

Bartender
Yeah, that would all be cool if Stu wasn't a scamming turd. Sells me the jacket in the wrong size, made during an amateur hour, full of stray stitch holes and then ghosts me when I ask what the f. Slimeball knew I couldn't do anything from Europe to harm his "business" which is just an unregistered rat infested dump in New York.
My fault, though as I should've listened to my gut feeling, instead of ignoring all the red flags, beginning with that website of his because anyone who cares so little about how they represent themselves and their product, sure won't stand behind it. Man has zero respect for himself, for his nylon sacks he calls jackets and least of all, for his customers.
Because of your experience, I decided I would never get a LW jacket. Had been considering it before your ordeal. No longer.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Gone is the ability to say what's on your mind w/out having to be concerned about how the next delicate little flower might interpret your remark.

Nah, I don't buy that. It's always been a prudent thing to watch what you say, and how you say it.

What's changed is that back in the day, the only people a lot of people felt they needed to have concern about their opinions were other white people, and really only the men's opinions held much real weight. And they were closer together in their perspectives.

Whereas these days, we have a more diverse range of people, and perspectives, and so it's a lot easier to say something that someone will find fault with. And that's not a bad thing, really. More eyes can see more problems, can give warning to more dangers, and bring attention to more things that need fixing. It's good there's a broader range of perspectives. And I don't think embracing that makes a man pussified. If anything it shows his strength to be at ease among so many who are different than he.

If you have to worry about what you want to say, you ought to be thinking about why that is, and then figure out a way to say it, or something else to say instead. And silence is still golden.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
No matter how good LW's jackets are, I would never buy one because I don't like the guy at all. I don't know him, but when I read various quotes, he strikes me as an eternally yesterday's man who can barely cope with modern times and is not very tolerant of people who think differently. I could almost feel a bit sorry for him. But only almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken