Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a vintage pen-pal... with ink?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
missjoeri said:
Is the other thread just for people wanting to write to each other?
I wouldnt want modern letters ;)

All of the letters Ive gotten from that Pen Pal list have been fairly era (30s-50s) specific. :)

LD

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello,

I would like to join the list here. I have thought the same as many of you. Internet/email is nice, but...like Joeri said about a real letter...:)

My main eras of interest are 1925-1941. One must understand though, that I have a fond passion for the sea and Cape Horners (during the '20's-'30's) so just want to forewarn that I like to discuss ships.

I'm in my mid-20's, but apparently don't 'come across' as that young - at least not on the internet.

I do think though it is interesting that, one of my other interests -Aromatherapy- was 'rediscovered' during the 1920's, and that one of the other methods of healing that I have used was created during the '20's-'30's and that is the Bach essences. I've always thought these things fell more into the 'new agey' group, but I've learned otherwise.

Hopefully I can put some of that stationary I got to good use now :rolleyes:

Prien

missjo

Practically Family
Due to work I have little time to write people a nice letter :(
But anyone writing to me pretending its another era will receive a letter back, I just cant start the correspondence but I will respond to it!
So sorry to those expecting a letter for me.
For anyone who is willing, send me a pm for my postage address and once i get your letter, you will get a letter back!

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Very Good!!

Oh! This is an awesome idea woho! Id love to reenact my self in the 30's, all the troubles and happiness, future and past. I really think it is a VERY good way to "relax activly", and stimulating way of writing/decoding small emotional hints.

I wish i could commit to a thing like this, but Ill be back when i have geared my life down. Im juggling too many balls right now, so ill peek in a little later :)

Cincerly,
Hammelby

PS. From a roleplayers view this is really unique! A free form "multiplayer snailmail roleplaying game". (using pen and paper and post offices as medium). Just for the hell of it I will link this thread to a dear freind of mine at "Game Lab" @ Univeristy of Helsinki.

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
This is the most brilliant idea, ever. I absolutely love writing letters, and I thought I was the only one! If anyone is still looking for a pen pal, PM me, and I will give you my address to get this ball rolling. I especially like the WWII era, but I like the 20s and 30s as well. This would give me a great opportunity to do a little research as well, to make believable correspondance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe