Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Longhairs & Fedoras

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
matei said:
Well... the situation resolved itself.

My hair is too thick to wear long and wear a hat. All my hats are 7 3/8'', and all the extra hair made it impossible to wear them!

I got tired of the mane, and I'm back to a '40s-esque style. Much better in the hot weather!

I feel your pain, I gotta cut my hair every 3 weeks or it'll become an afro.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Stoney said:
Just don't cut it like Bruce Willis had his in Last Man Standing. IMHO it looked terrible.

Hmm, I didn't think it looked THAT bad! [huh] The interesting thing about honest opinions is how people can honestly differ in their honest opinions.lol

It's a crazy world.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I have long hair. I've had it for almost 10 years, down to my shoulders.
I wear my hats with a pony tail. On a funny note, You know cliches right?
I'm argentinean and the fact that I'm Hispanic always, always brings the comment " oh you look like carlos santana" when I wear my hair down with a hat ( specially a straw)
Not to mention I look nothing like santana at all! It's like my silly coworkers always telling or whistling the Indiana jones theme.
:)

I only wear my fedora when my hair is short enough to permit it. I have a full schedule and sometimes the hair gets too long to permit me to wear a fedora with it. I mean, I know some people pull that look, even though I personally don't like it. I think I look silly with long hair and a fedora. My Avatar is right at the limit before I stop wearing one.

Fedora Jay

Familiar Face
I have a pony tail about halfway down my shoulderblades. I don't usually wear my hair down though with a hat on, I look like some movie slasher or something.

mmccabe

New in Town
I have hair to my shoulder blades that I keep "tailed" 99% of the time. My girlfriend likes it long as does my barber (she's a master barber, not a stylist, and keeps me looking good). I do ball caps at work and around the yard, fedoras the rest of the time. Haven't had any negative comments and quite a few compliments on the fedoras.

matei

One Too Many
I couldn't wear a hat with my hair in a ponytail. The way the hat sits on my head would stop on the ponytail, and sit too high.

I couldn't bunch the hair up on the top of my head and cram it under the hat either, as it is very unruly and refused to cooperate.

I did discover however that in the almost two years that I wasn't wearing my hats, that a few of them shrunk a wee bit! I've got to stretch 'em out by wearing them now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe