Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Light Grey Flannel Trousers -- DEAD?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My apologies. The solid grey and PoW seemed light to my eye, so I probably misunderstood the sort of flannels discussed in the thread.

What's far more dead than light grey flannels, though, are cream flannels. I haven't seen except in old photos/movies.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
theFatPack said:
I probably misunderstood the sort of flannels discussed in the thread.
From the OP. ;)

Shoes001.jpg

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Some examples of the Zegna light grey flannel suits from Spring '09:
zegna-ad.jpg

I like those. Not a big fan of high gorges, though, but I don't mind them on the 6X2 DBs.

I do imagine that traditional gray flannel would still be seen by the public as as too conservative.

Aloysius

HarrisonsofEdinburgh340gLightGreyFl.jpg

This next one is not a flannel, but it's a wool worsted with a flannel feel, so it is cheaper than the flannel.
SoftGreyWoolWorsted465gsm.jpg

Aloysius

Marc Chevalier said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The email mentions that they'll be up on the site shortly so you should be able to order quite soon.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I've just received a worsted sample in grey from the same chap. Unsurprisingly, it's a slightly less luxurious feel than the flannel, but the colour's good — I think the photos above represent it fairly well — and it looks tight-woven and hard-wearing.

Mr. King's working hard to get these fabrics out there. Pay day awaits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe