Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liberation Now! The BK Liberty HH Thread

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hmm. After reading that I'm seriously considering using a wallet instead of a handbag......didn't carrie Bradshaw have a BK handbag? ;)

Well... I think a lot of you appreciated when your other half carries all your stuff for you in the handbag. :p

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
It's just sad to see that most of the latest started threads about BKs jackets become threads about the brand, rather than about their products. This fact actually says lot.

I think the issue may stem from the fact that the guy who makes the jackets and interacts with customers, and the guy who markets the venture, are two totally different personalities. One has made jackets for years, and the other has a significant investment in the BK business. I have had three BKs move through my hands. From the very first versions in the base hides to a bespoke Werber that will be here til the day I die. BK sourced the exact lining I was after, sorted my NOS Crown zipper and delivered on every promise they made. I only have the Victory HH in Russet so I can not comment on the Liberty. With the AUD flipping the other way even the insane US$750 discount price would now cost me AUD$1000. To buy my US$1700 (with the zipper) Werber again would cost me AUD$2236, so the Liberty will be a dream for a little longer. I take delight in seeing the jackets all the guys share and live through them a little. Regardless of who you buy from the hides will differ from batch to batch. If you can lay down your cash with any maker you will be hard pressed to see the exact hide, uncut before you do so... I know in the case of my BK jacket I did. I was able to place the pattern across it to my individual preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82