Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

J

john z

Brian thought this might be of interest:

www.epos.ch/collection/gents/emotion/3352.htm

I have an earlier release of the white faced variant in the main picture without the milled bezel. I use it as an every day watch which I've worn since Dec 01. Being automatic it has run non-stop faultlessly in all that time apart from a week last year when I forgot to put it on before going on holiday LOL.

Some day I hope to own the black faced version with arabic numerals also. The rest of collection is also something you might find worthwhile checking out.

rongoms

Familiar Face
very nice!

Decent prices for a 23k plated watch, even if it is quartz.;)

If you don't want to deal with an auto or a hand-wind, these are a great pieces.

Nice Find, Miss Muse!

gruvi

Familiar Face
New member with vintage watches saying hello

Hi

I found your site while browsing about vintage watches. I'm a avid watch collector myself, and was so impressed by the fact this fora exists, I just had to join to discover more! So nice to be here

So for my first post, I guess for fitting into this section, please allow me to share two vintage beauties I just received back from a full service...two Hamilton pieces from WWII, both issued items, and wear so finely.

hams1.jpg

ham1bback.jpg

Thanks for looking and having me

G

gruvi

Familiar Face
undertaker said:
... glad to see another watch fan here. These Hamitons are very nice ones. I just traded for one just like them. I listed it on the Classifieds section, but if it will clean up as good as yours I may keep it;) .
Hamilton-1.jpg

Regards,
J.S.
Thank you J.S. I just replied to your classified. I do not have permission to PM yet, so will you please email me?
Thanks!
G

Photomuse

Familiar Face
Glad I could help! I've been checking them out for awhile but haven't done anything about it yet. If anyone gets one, let us know!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I just won an Ebay auction for the below pictured watch. It was only about $40 but, as you can see, it needs some TLC.

It is exciting to be able to save a tiny piece of art and (hopefully) bring it back to its glory. If not - I am not out all that much dough.

I hope to be buying a few more and in better condition. My interests are in the pieces from the 1930's that have art deco features.

watch.jpg

Travis

Suspended
Brian Sheridan said:
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I just won an Ebay auction for the below pictured watch. It was only about $40 but, as you can see, it needs some TLC.

It is exciting to be able to save a tiny piece of art and (hopefully) bring it back to its glory. If not - I am not out all that much dough.

I hope to be buying a few more and in better condition. My interests are in the pieces from the 1930's that have art deco features.

watch.jpg

It may need some work, but wow, that's a beautiful watch. Good score.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Watches

The Pain inflicters strike again. First it was BK and MC with the size 38 suits that we all would give something of ours that is very precious away for...now we get the watch tease...when does it all end on the pain front?

rongoms

Familiar Face
Nice watches Gruvi!

I've got a guy who's making "vintage" watch bands, in all sizes, out of old distressed leather ....umm.....:::whipering:::.....flight jackets.

They're not servicable, the ones where he gets the leather, but they're very well done.

He's not done any in the lovely shade ofr Green the ordinance folks used on there watches......yet.
I'm having him make me one for my BUSHIPS watch in black.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Antique Omega

I paid AUD800 for this 1948 antique Omega that is a gas in looks but never works properly despite various visits to the watchmaker.

Is there a place where one can obtain real service? Down Under preferably.

rongoms

Familiar Face
short of sedning it to Omega for service, which you can still do, unlike vintage Rolex, You're probably goign ton have to send it to a place like The Watch Hospital. They're expensive (and in the USA), but they will fix whatever is wrong.

You also might look into replacing the movement alltogether. Do you happen to know which model it is? Any markings on the caseback, case or movement would be best (and pictures too)

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
wrist watches?

vintage wrist watches, does anyone here collect and wear them?
or have some tips on how to care for them for those of us who are new.
i just got my first one on the bay
its a 1938 elgin, heres some pictures if anyone would like to see.

:)

oldel.jpg

oldel2.jpg

oldel7.jpg

ideaguy

One Too Many
I've been through a number of watches, in my past life as a dealer, and now
wear Porsche Design Chronograph, black dial, a Mondaine Railway, and a marvelous Bovet-with day, month, and second hand in smaller dial at 6 o'clock;
great feature is a long hand with red arrow tip, functions as date indicator, with 1-31 in tiny arabic numbers surrounding the dial-as the day changes, the long hand clicks over-supposedly rather unusual, will try to post photos, changed photo service (again,again....)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe