Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Man.. I’m really tempted.
It’s damn beautiful !!
Edit: Their return policy is not as good as Schott’s

Last edited:

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Schott’s regular horsehide is described as “ imported horsehide. Legendary says The Black Stallion is Front Quarter HH.
Does that Have any significance?
I just had a quick catch and release on a size 42 Schott 641hh that was recent production. The horsehide was mind blowingly good which put me on a quest to find the same jacket in a 44. Of course the reintroduction of the Stallion has altered those plans just a bit but I couldn’t pass this one up.

With some recent sales, I’m down to just an old AMF Harley and a beater Excelled in the cross zip style. Not that I’ll get much for them, but I’m thinking they’ll both go once the BLACK STALLION arrives

Observe

One Too Many
I have some experience with the Schott 641hh and I found Legendary’s measurements to be on the generous side in their description of that style. Schott also seems to try and move people up a size on their horsehide jackets so I ordered a 44 Stallion for my 43 inch chest. I used my last 15 percent off on their Reed horsehide vest (which probably warrants a post…it’s pretty awesome) but found a 10 percent off elsewhere online!
So are we saying size up for this jacket?

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I’m assuming this is cut like a 6 series Schott (probably closest to a 618hh). Using the Schott size o meter (set to slim) it put me in a 44. It’s not foolproof but might at least be worth checking out.

My Schott 141 is a size 42 but it seems that series is actually a size larger than tagged. The Schott 641HH size 42 that I bought was (unfortunately) too tight.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man.. I’m really tempted.
It’s damn beautiful !!
Edit: Their return policy is not as good as Schott’s

Their return policy is more generous for Legendary branded products vs Schott/other branded.

We believe that customer service is a vital part of our business. We have been in business for over 21 years and we want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase. We offer 100% money back guaranteed on ALL LEGENDARY USA BRANDED PRODUCTS. If you are not completely satisfied simply return your Legendary USA branded product within 7 days from date of delivery for an exchange, replacement, store credit or money back. ON ALL OTHER NON-BRANDED PRODUCTS including Cockpit USA, Bohn Armor, Epoch Eyewear, First Manufacturing, Churchill Gloves, Rothco, Red Canoe, Schott Bros. NYC. We ONLY OFFER replacement, exchange, or store credit (shipping charges are not refundable).

So it’s pretty generous, but you have a week to decide rather than a month or two weeks.

My approach was to size by the hem, so while I can fit into a Schott 40, the hem in this pattern is 20” on a 42 (which is usually the hem of a 40) so I went 42. The inch this way or that of P2P doesn’t matter compared to being able to zip it up lol.

With some recent sales, I’m down to just an old AMF Harley and a beater Excelled in the cross zip style. Not that I’ll get much for them, but I’m thinking they’ll both go once the BLACK STALLION arrives

Yeah I have a jacket or two that have been sitting around pristine. Seems a good time to unload them.

Observe

One Too Many
I’m assuming this is cut like a 6 series Schott (probably closest to a 618hh). Using the Schott size o meter (set to slim) it put me in a 44. It’s not foolproof but might at least be worth checking out.
Going off measurements from retailers Franklin and poe, I'd be a 44 in the 618hh. These measurements are closest to the 42 for the stallion on the legendary site.
My approach was to size by the hem, so while I can fit into a Schott 40, the hem in this pattern is 20” on a 42 (which is usually the hem of a 40) so I went 42. The inch this way or that of P2P doesn’t matter compared to being able to zip it up lol.
24" chest with a taper to 20" at the waist would be ideal for me, but I'm now slightly concerned the measurements can't be relied upon.

Aloysius

Going off measurements from retailers Franklin and poe, I'd be a 44 in the 618hh. These measurements are closest to the 42 for the stallion on the legendary site.

Franklin & Poe is a great store but their measurements of leather jackets are beyond terrible. (They’re mostly a jeans shop so I think they just don’t know quite how to do it.)

These are the actual measurements of the 613/618:

IMG_1928.jpeg

“Sweep” is the Schott factory’s term for the hem.

24" chest with a taper to 20" at the waist would be ideal for me, but I'm now slightly concerned the measurements can't be relied upon.

I confirmed with the owner of Legendary that the 42 has a 20” hem.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Looking forward to seeing all the fit pics when these arrive.

Btw, it’s not entirely clear to me- is the collar included?

Aloysius

Looking forward to seeing all the fit pics when these arrive.

Btw, it’s not entirely clear to me- is the collar included?
It is.
replacement, exchange or store credit on shott products.

I don’t think this counts as a Schott product as far as that goes. It’s a Legendary jacket for which Schott was the private label manufacturer. They don’t even directly name Schott on the page about it; they simply note a manufacturer in NJ.

Ask Legendary directly though if that seems unclear.

newtojackets

Practically Family
It is.

I don’t think this counts as a Schott product as far as that goes. It’s a Legendary jacket for which Schott was the private label manufacturer. They don’t even directly name Schott on the page about it; they simply note a manufacturer in NJ.

Ask Legendary directly though if that seems unclear.
That’s quite impressive - a cross zip similarish to the 618hh for $120 less, in a more complex design (d pocket), with a (mouton?) collar, and in a limited edition run

Viking752

Practically Family
I believe that my original inspiration for the Black Stallion was a post from @AmericanIron and his journey with his. I was in search and destroy mode for several years to find this jacket and even more rare in size 50. Eventually the one I ultimately got became available from a guy in Denver. I felt like I won the Lottery with the jacket virtually unworn in new condition.

Then on a follow up post by @AmericanIron another member (@Mandarin) posted his passion for the Black Stallion and stumbled on his brother the Wild Stallion. This jacket falls in the unobtainium category as I have never seen one in the wild for sale or otherwise. Been low key obsessed ever since he posted photos several years ago. This brown HH haunts me. I borrowed these pics from @Mandarin post. Hope you don’t mind.
IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_2713.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
Well, I pulled the trigger on a 42. I guess I'll be reselling my sears oakbrook d pocket once it arrives. Will also be considering selling one or two other jackets should this one be a hit. I figure, worst case scenario if I don't love this jacket I'll just resell it here to someone who didn't pre-order.

Aloysius

Well, I pulled the trigger on a 42. I guess I'll be reselling my sears oakbrook d pocket once it arrives. Will also be considering selling one or two other jackets should this one be a hit. I figure, worst case scenario if I don't love this jacket I'll just resell it here to someone who didn't pre-order.

Yeah at our size I wouldn’t be particularly concerned because it’s common enough.

Viking752

Practically Family
Congratulations. Based on the level of interest this jacket garners, probably a safe investment. If it turns out to not be what you are hoping for.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I believe that my original inspiration for the Black Stallion was a post from @AmericanIron and his journey with his. I was in search and destroy mode for several years to find this jacket and even more rare in size 50. Eventually the one I ultimately got became available from a guy in Denver. I felt like I won the Lottery with the jacket virtually unworn in new condition.

Then on a follow up post by @AmericanIron another member (@Mandarin) posted his passion for the Black Stallion and stumbled on his brother the Wild Stallion. This jacket falls in the unobtainium category as I have never seen one in the wild for sale or otherwise. Been low key obsessed ever since he posted photos several years ago. This brown HH haunts me. I borrowed these pics from @Mandarin post. Hope you don’t mind. View attachment 519339 View attachment 519340
Not the same, but really reminds me of the ELMC roadster.

Aloysius

Measurements on the Legendary page have changed (hem width is the same, and the chest is an obvious mistake, but the shoulders, sleeves, and back length are concerningly longer now) so I'm contacting support to find out if that's accidental.

Observe

One Too Many
Measurements on the Legendary page have changed (hem width is the same, and the chest is an obvious mistake, but the shoulders, sleeves, and back length are concerningly longer now) so I'm contacting support to find out if that's accidental.
Where are you seeing the different measurements and can you post them here? I'm seeing a new image with the measurements on the item page, but the numbers are the same as yesterday as far as I can remember.
Screenshot_20230522_203807_Brave.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld