Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee Denim Jacket thrift store find

blackcat1369

New in Town
Hey Folks,
This is my first post, though I've been here often for info or just to admire other people's treasures.
I ran across this Lee jean jacket the other day, which will never fit me but I couldn't pass up because of its great condition. The only wear is to the tag below the inside logo tag. This jacket is still fairly stiff! I don't know much about Lee jackets, but my brief research leads me to think 70's. Was hoping someone more knowlegeable could confirm/offer additional info because I will likely be selling or trading it and I want to provide an accurate description.
Thanks for your time!
-Dan
Here's the link for pics http://imgur.com/a/CX2KI

robrinay

One Too Many
Unfortunately the vintagemotorcyclejacket website doesn’t seem to exist anymore and they had a fairly definitive set of pics of Lee labels by date. Try searching Pinterest for vintage Lee labels

Last edited:

blackcat1369

New in Town
Thanks, everyone!
70's was pretty much where I was at on it too. I've always been a Levi's jacket guy and have 3 of them ranging from the 60's up to the point they joined the ranks of the ill fitting by switching to the non-sizes, S-M-L, which always seem to fit poorly somewhere...
This jacket was my first close look at a Lee jacket and now I really want one that fits me. I love the reenforcement stitching on the collar. Hopefully i can rehome this one and find a nice dark 38 to replace it!

Peacoat

Bartender
Acoustic I'd go Martin, but electric is all Gibson.
Agree completely. Fender makes a good guitar, but the sound is just too tinny. Gibson? That is a real man's full bodied sound. Sorta like the Lost World's manly jackets made by Stu.

When people ask me the difference between the sound of the two, I say, "For a Fender, think the Beach Boys. For Gibson, think B. B. King." Nuff said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe