Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee 101Z 23 oz selvedge jeans

majormajor

One Too Many
I put them in the washing machine for the first time yesterday, on a low heat. Previously they've been dry cleaned thrice.

IMO they look better than when they went in and I am, overall, pleased. However, regrettably something has caused a snag. It's not a hole but looks to me like it could well end up a hole.

Naturally, I called the denim doctor and he reckons he can probably sort if for £10 - 15, though he hasn't actually seen it yet (I just emailed him a couple of snaps now..)

For anyone interested, they don't seem to have shrunk.

Michael at the Denim Doctor will do a great job, but you will be wasting your money. That snag is not gonna get worse for at least another couple of years. And when it does, it will ADD to the patina of your jeans.

All Michael can do is over stitch the snag, which will make it more visible. Not a bad thing, but I get the feeling that is not what you want.

PS. They shrunk when you dry cleaned 'em.

Last edited:

alsendk

A-List Customer
I have the 1930 101b, the 1937 101b and the 1952 101z.

The 1937 is the best style and cut for me, although the zip on the 52's makes life alot easier when paying a call of nature on a cold day!!

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have worn Lee jeans for a long time. They first came into the UK in around 1966/67 - as soon as I saw them, I bought them! What more could a 60's Mod wish for than jeans that fitted like that. Head and shoulders above Levi's 501s :D

Pictures pictures, or it didn`t happen....allright

MajorMajor is mentioning quite some Lee type jeans that I am not familiar with here in Denmark.
The models that I have are named....BROOKLYN....SEATTLE...CALIFORNIA....all in size W30-L30, and all in Black.

I actually find all three models to have straight legs, there is no significant difference, but I like to order the lengh shorter, like L29 or 30, to show my boots when wearing them. I have some SEATTLE pair of jeans in size w30 L32, when wearing shoes.
I really like Lee jeans a lot, and have found that Lee is the brand that fits best of the brands that I have tried `till now...be it Wrangler, Levi Strauss and Lee Cooper(UK)

And congrats Schitzo with your fine pair of Lee jeans

KIF_3283_zps7d797246.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many

MajorMajor is mentioning quite some Lee type jeans that I am not familiar with here in Denmark.

Hi alsendk

The stuff you mentioned - Brooklyn, Seattle etc, are all current Lee designs.

All the stuff I mentioned are Lee Japan repros (not available from regular Lee outlets). You'll find most of them on Aero's denim page. I will, however, post you some pics in the next day or so:D;)

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I put them in the washing machine for the first time yesterday, on a low heat. Previously they've been dry cleaned thrice.

IMO they look better than when they went in and I am, overall, pleased. However, regrettably something has caused a snag. It's not a hole but looks to me like it could well end up a hole.

Naturally, I called the denim doctor and he reckons he can probably sort if for £10 - 15, though he hasn't actually seen it yet (I just emailed him a couple of snaps now..)

For anyone interested, they don't seem to have shrunk.

I bet those look great with Crocs :D

schitzo

Suspended
Michael at the Denim Doctor will do a great job, but you will be wasting your money. That snag is not gonna get worse for at least another couple of years. And when it does, it will ADD to the patina of your jeans.

All Michael can do is over stitch the snag, which will make it more visible. Not a bad thing, but I get the feeling that is not what you want.

PS. They shrunk when you dry cleaned 'em.

I'm not bothered how it looks so much I just want it secured so that when I'm away from the Uk and unable to access Michael I won't have to worry about a hole suddenly materialising.

re they shrunk at the dry cleaners, are you telling me that or asking me? For me they don't fell like they've shrunk at all, though tbf I have not measured them.

I bet those look great with Crocs :D

Damn straight they do Grayland here's one for your hard drive, pre-wash

mihai

A-List Customer
possible fix for the snag

schitzo, you could get a glue for textile use. It is washing resistant and is flexible. Basically on the inside part of the snag you apply a slightly bigger patch using this glue.
I had this solution used for some vintage WW2 sailor pants that had some snags. They look great, even knowing it's there hard to observe. (they did not have time to fray, this might have helped).

majormajor

One Too Many

Here we are, mate. Just for you.....

First, a pair of 1930 101Bs. My apologies re the muck and oil on these. I do some volunteer work on a very large and very old machine, and these are the jeans I wear for that.

6q1p.jpg

Here's a pair of 1934 101Bs. Remarkably, these have no visible selfedge, but are excellent jeans nonetheless....

w08l.jpg

Then a pair of 1937 101Bs. A beautiful jean....

br0l.jpg

And finally, a pair of 1952 101Zs. For when I can't be bothered with buttons!

mnu8.jpg

:D;)

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's a fit pic of the 1934s - pretty high waisted compared to modern Lee stuff.

The shirt is an old Wrangler 24MW:D;)

arvu.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Schitzo, It looks like the 32 is about 18" across the waist. Its a little hard to see so could you clarify for me:

Exactly how long is it across on the 32 and the 34?

How much did they shrink in the waist?

Does these jeans really cost $300 before the pricedrop? Thats alot for Lee so Im a little sceptical.

schitzo

Suspended
Schitzo, It looks like the 32 is about 18" across the waist. Its a little hard to see so could you clarify for me:

Exactly how long is it across on the 32 and the 34?

How much did they shrink in the waist?

Does these jeans really cost $300 before the pricedrop? Thats alot for Lee so Im a little sceptical.

Hi Griff, actually the original rrp is £210. To the best of my ability, size 32s measure 35" across the waist. These don't shrink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld