Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather motorcyle jacket

Regius, insanely awesome jacket. Shame you didn't have it on the bike, as even the garage looks like the one in the movie!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Thank you. I get the impression the Trojan is best kept short, though I wonder how it would look a little longer (I'm 6'2"). I might take a gamble on a steer Lost Worlds in the future, as I love their designs, but I'm not sure I want to risk running into fit problems when I know a Johnson Leathers fits me on the money.

Nick:

I am not sure if you ride or not but I have a Trojan and it is really nice for riding. It does not climb up around your neck while riding and you don't have to fool with the length like one has to with the J-23. I have both jackets and I really enjoy riding with the Trojan. The J-23 is no big deal one just has to fold the extra length a bit and the problem disappears. I understand Johnson leathers has the 2 way zipper but being a traditionalist as far as "leathers" are concerned I prefer the old style jackets. All my jackets are Lost Worlds and to me they are worth the money. To put it mildly I'm a "D Pocket freak" and I prefer LW over Aero because the collars fit so nicely for me "emphasis on my own personal taste".

I have included a couple of shots to give you an idea of how the Trojan looks on the bike as well as just wearing it.

This one is the Trojan from the rear and you can see there is no "Ride Up" from the jacket just sits nice and pretty.

b6ab5354-69ae-48d9-9e2e-bea15d9f3bc7_zpsxyzdchii.jpg

This is from the front and the same thing no issue when riding.

fd3bf12e-1058-48e8-9f14-8569b1c1f83d_zpse65fdd1c.jpg

This is just a front on shot and it comes to the waist but no further.

91af1b5f-00fa-41a1-a691-1d848c9eb7dc_zpsphuoszu0.jpg

The last shot is the J-23 on the bike not moving and with a bit of a fold the "ride up" disappears for the most part but it is definitely a longer style.

2a52859d-7957-445f-9700-bbd7899abd3b_zpsjxnwolxp.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Wow gorgeous jackets and thanks for the pics. I do not ride, but I'm sure your pics help those who do. And all of your jackets are perfect fits. Speed Demon is on my radar...going hard later/next year!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, but keep the teddy indoors. Destroys the "Terminator"-look a bit, no?:D

i thought about that, lol, wanted to take a quick shot before bed, should have got my cross bow from the shed, haha. well, for the comic appeal. Ted, you are terminated!

I have to admit that riding this winter has left me really... tired, for the first time in my life. I even had to take a public transportation a few times. Must be something wrong with this winter.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to admit that riding this winter has left me really... tired, for the first time in my life. I even had to take a public transportation a few times. Must be something wrong with this winter.

Maybe due to that FQHH Buco you sold? ;) Time to get a custom made Terminator jacket from Johnson, choose their various steerhide or their lightweight Horween horse, and choose their quilt lining, sleeves included, you won't be disappointed! Give them your measurements, and they have my pattern.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Maybe due to that FQHH Buco you sold? ;) Time to get a custom made Terminator jacket from Johnson, choose their various steerhide or their lightweight Horween horse, and choose their quilt lining, sleeves included, you won't be disappointed! Give them your measurements, and they have my pattern.
Are Johnson using Horween horse now? Last time I dealt with Alan he didn't have any decent horse,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld