Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Crescent

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Great info on Langlitz, HH option is tasty

Great info on Langlitz, Thanks!
HH option is tasty. At that option price, I'm sure it would be a grand jacket creation and unique and exclusive. The Crescent would come out to be a tad north of $2,000. I wonder if they would do in creme horsehide, like some of the rarest BUCOs? Only one way to find out. Call or write Dave :D

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
HighandDry said:
In terms of getting measured by Langlitz, I only live 2 1/2 hrs north of them and did everything by phone/mail. As Dave told me, 95% of what they do is this way, so I wouldn't hesitate to do it by phone/mail. If you are going to PDX for measurement, at least go during the summer! That way you can hit Bandon Dunes to play some golf :) !

I'm fine with doing things by mail with Langlitz but I want to fly in just to use up some flight benefits. As far as Brandon Dunes goes, I might check out their bar. I don't think they'd like me pretending I could play golf while my Wesco's tear up their green! Thanks for the heads up though, and thanks again very much for the Crescent pics: whata fine clean jacket that is! Seeing it actually solidified my decision. Again, an Aero next year....

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
About brother Jan Solo

Elmonteman said:
If you read brother Jan's posts on Aero, he is like a living "Japanese website" of Aero possibilities. Since he is posting from outside of Britain, he apparently has invested quite of time speaking to Will and Amanda about what is available and how he would like his jackets.

About brother Jan Solo. This gentlemen has a great analytical mind. I have learned an extraordinary amount about Aero construction from his posts. I actually did a search and limited it to his posts and made a file of his comments that correspond to each of his Aero builds and his comments and advice on other’s builds. That will be my reference when I go forward with my Aero order. If you read this Jan, big, big thanks man. You make buying from Aero much easier. They should build you a jacket just for all the business you’re throwing their way!

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Japan website

The Japan website shows some serious optioning and models. Some of these options have serious prices. They really take care of their customers in Japan as was said previously. They have horsehide and elk skin as options with super high price. Anyone know why their horse and elk cost so much? Is it that much better than finest cow like on Lewis Leathers??

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Langlitz Horsehide and other options

P5640blouson said:
The Japan website shows some serious optioning and models. Some of these options have serious prices. They really take care of their customers in Japan as was said previously. They have horsehide and elk skin as options with super high price. Anyone know why their horse and elk cost so much? Is it that much better than finest cow like on Lewis Leathers??

I’m not sure why the price is so high for the elk and HH leather options. I have the current price list but it does not have elk or HH options listed on it. Maybe his supplier? Black or brown goat is an extra $50. The other custom options are reasonable: elbow pads $50, shoulder pads $75, stripes $50 buck a piece, and I think a full padded back panels is like $100, removable (non synthetic, natural) collar is an extra $100 bucks. I really like the option of having a removable collar because of bugs and cigar smoke, etc.. The stock mid weight Crescent model HighandDry has is $800. I’m keen on that particular stock model with a shirt style collar and some removable fur which should fit like a glove for $900 bucks + $20 to ship. The prices are pretty close to LW’s steerhide jackets. I like their flight jackets too ($775). These, I don’t think, are based on any particular model but are just a good fitting jacket. You can specify body length of course and I like the flight jackets longer than you typically see them. Of course, Aero will make you anything you want with some nice HH but it’s worth mentioning the Langlitz options here since we have the thread going. It’s nice to get all this in a month or less as well (current wait for Langlitz) if that’s an issue. Doesn’t everyone need at least one nice clean Langlitz steerhide jacket? I feel like I do at any rate, and am in fact getting one. it's gonna be killer.

Touareg

New in Town
My Columbia in Goatskin is going to be deliverd in the
first week of 2010. The turnaround is a mere two weeks at the moment.

Touareg

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Touareg said:
My Columbia in Goatskin is going to be deliverd in the
first week of 2010. The turnaround is a mere two weeks at the moment.

Touareg
I'm interested in that goatskin they offer. I/we would be interested in seeing it if you get a chance to post some pics, especially after it wears a bit. I have a sample of their dark brown goat and it's pretty heavy stuff, more black than brown by far. I like it. Dave sent me a big piece so I cut it in half and put a chunk outside to see how it would change from the sun and rain. Langlitz is a class operation.

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Langlitz must have?

Langlitz is one of the greats, have been around for a long time doing it the same way, I think it's in the category of must have's, in cow, elk, or horse. That pic of the horsehide in the Japan site looks great. Maybe can get a sample of the horsehide prior to plunking $1200 for the option. I want a cream colored Jacket of 50's and 60's design like the Buco Rider or Langlitz center zipped crescent. It's California and sun is always out. People generally bake in black garments here. Lost Worlds will take 2-3 weeks from payment to shipping to customer. Seems like with the economy slowed down, Jacket production is slightly quicker among companys. $1800 Buco Rider in cream or $2200 for Langlitz HH Crescent done Buco J-100 style (w/breast pockets, hand pockets deleted).
Every company has its operating margins, so its hard to compare a $1800 custom Lost Worlds to a production $1300 Lewis Leathers to a $2200 custom Langlitz. Certainly they all look and are cut different, but the craftsmanship and materials seem comparable IMO from observation.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Langlitz Japan pics

I had some pics is saved from various Langlitz dealer sites in Japan that I thought I'd share. I linked to these off the Langlitz Japan site.

Enjoy!

img096.jpg

img126.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

img320.jpg

JKT20Hunger209.jpg

police_special_front_zipper.jpg

SatoshiMorisugiMPNfront-fullinit_.jpg

SilverMoon5-full-full.jpg

SilverMoon9-full-full.jpg

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
More Langlitz Japan

Here's a few more. Most of these also off the dealer list linked to from Langlitz Japan. I think the green jacket was on a recent ebay auction and the police jactet pic came off of a vintage clothing website (monster vintage I think).

17500e-1.jpg

17352c.jpg

17508a.jpg

328185569_tp-1.jpg

ClubLanglitzRallyOct09376.jpg

ClubLanglitzRallyOct0960.jpg

DSC_1722.jpg

elbow_orval_pads.jpg

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Langlitz on vacation, but monitoring

I got a response, they're on vacation. Price of Crescent going up $50 end of this week to $850 base price. No Crown zippers available at this time. Still thinking of ordering one, but the zipper type is important to me. Oh, and horsehide is not recommended due to cost as previously posted.
So.. is it going to be a Crescent in cow or LW Buco Rider in creme horsehide with Crown zipper??? Tough decision as Langlitz has a developed and published sizing system which seems to have a lot of steps. Lost Worlds has the horsehide, zippers, and great reputation when it comes to craftsmanship- just look at those pictures.

South

One of the Regulars
What is a Crown zipper? Why is it more desirable than the zippers Langlitz puts into their jackets?

(I'm a zipper novice.)

Thanks.

Touareg

New in Town
It is the Rolce Royce of the zippers, it is the onley zipper in my limited knowledge with spring to hold it in
chosen place.And it is made in the USA ( not in China)back in the golden age " the 40's".
I d'nt think you can get a better zipper period.

Touareg

Touareg

New in Town
Their production zippers are heavy duty bras.(lets call them Volkswagens).
Crown if you like a vintage touch.

Touareg

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Any new arrivals?

Still itching for a summer weight unlined Jacket. Im inquiring if they do the Crescent unlined.
Any new arrivals out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld