Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

$ally

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
You're pretty amazing your own self, doll. You know we love you.
You are the sweetest thing. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D
I love all the pix from the luncheon I missed. You gals are too cute for words. Are there more?

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Double "WOW!" Ms. Sally, if it weren't for you being unavailable, and me being fairly close to your own kids' age...;)

:rolleyes: You don't flirt by telling a woman you are young enough to be her son. Women don't want to hear that. If a woman dates men young enough to be her son, she knows it, and let me tell you, she is not thinking of the men as being her son, or even her son's age, so don't mention it, unless you want to make her feel old & not feel sexy towards you. [huh]

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Mrs. Lovett err Pink Dahlia & VivianRegan:
l_31a1d3205442b5301491f57e0f0d5e27.jpg

Awww! I love this one! :eusa_clap

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Brill said:
:rolleyes: You don't flirt by telling a woman you are young enough to be her son. Women don't want to hear that. If a woman dates men young enough to be her son, she knows it, and let me tell you, she is not thinking of the men as being her son, or even her son's age, so don't mention it, unless you want to make her feel old & not feel sexy towards you. [huh]

Ouch !

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Dear Miss Brill, Diamondback, Locktown & Lucky,

Thanks so much for the sweet words. You got a girl blushing over here!

You had an avatar awhile back & you had glasses on in it, and that was a great picture too. Your glasses are very flattering to you, I can never find a pair that are wide enough to fit me. :(

$ally

One Too Many
Miss Brill said:
No, not ouch. Just constructive criticism about mentioning a woman's age. Women want to feel sexy, not old enough to be someone's mother.
lol Especially since I'm NOT old enough to be his mother -- double whammy! Anyway, a comment like "You don't look so bad for your age and weight", even if meant to be a compliment, is an insult. Just a heads up folks ;)
I did understand what you were trying to say, however, DB. Your heart's in the right place.
Thank you Lockdown Dog and Johnnysan!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
$ally said:
lol Especially since I'm NOT old enough to be his mother -- double whammy! Anyway, a comment like "You don't look so bad for your age and weight", even if meant to be a compliment, is an insult.

Ack! I get that too! It is awful! lol "You don't look that old..." :( Gee, thanks. ;)

$ally

One Too Many
Miss Brill said:
Ack! I get that too! It is awful! lol "You don't look that old..." Gee, thanks.
lol Although it's never been shot to me that directly, that's basically what is being said.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
$ally said:
lol Although it's never been shot to me that directly, that's basically what is being said.

I've been getting the "look that old" comment for years. When you are 21 and people think you "don't look that old" it is one thing, but at 35? :eusa_doh:

You know what is bugging me now? People talking about Nicole Kidman having to have had a facelift, because she looks too young, and then seeing she is 5 years older than me. Jeez, what do people think a 40 y/o is? 100? No one believes she hasn't had a ton of work done, but people don't age like they did.

$ally

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Either way, Ms. Sally, my apologies. I still have a lot to learn...
No apology needed, you just wanted me to feel good about my appearance and that is kind. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
I've been getting the "look that old" comment for years. When you are 21 and people think you "don't look that old" it is one thing, but at 35? :eusa_doh:
You know what is bugging me now? People talking about Nicole Kidman having to have had a facelift, because she looks too young, and then seeing she is 5 years older than me. Jeez, what do people think a 40 y/o is? 100? No one believes she hasn't had a ton of work done, but people don't age like they did.

From my vintage point, the Ladies of the Lounge have nothing to fear from getting older. A true lady is lovely throughout her lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld