Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
I wasn't too displeased with these snapshots on my camera phone from the last couple of days

dsc00142dx6.jpg

dsc00158fo4.jpg
What an understatement! I hope this doesn't sound too creepy but you always look gorgeous!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Audrey Horne said:
What an understatement! I hope this doesn't sound too creepy but you always look gorgeous!

Its true Lyburnum does always look gorgeous

I do wish us girls wouldn't preface compliments with "i hope this doesn't sound too creepy/weird/funny" as if its terribly wrong to find each other attractive. surely the very fact that we are into vintage style at all shows our above average appreciation of femininity.

OK - I happen to be in a gay relationship, but just because I say Lyburnum or any other girl looks gorgeous it doesn't mean I fancy her. I'm more likely to want to look like her.

Sorry

*steps off soapbox*

Avalon

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
Its true Lyburnum does always look gorgeous

I do wish us girls wouldn't preface compliments with "i hope this doesn't sound too creepy/weird/funny" as if its terribly wrong to find each other attractive. surely the very fact that we are into vintage style at all shows our above average appreciation of femininity.

OK - I happen to be in a gay relationship, but just because I say Lyburnum or any other girl looks gorgeous it doesn't mean I fancy her. I'm more likely to want to look like her.

Sorry

*steps off soapbox*

:eusa_clap

I wholeheartedly agree. It hasn't happened to me here at TFL, but occasionally I'll compliment another woman and receive a "weirded-out" response. It shouldn't be! There's plenty of opportunity in today's world for us to feel less-than-beautiful; if I find someone lovely I don't hesitate in telling her so. :)

alexandra

Practically Family
We're lucky though in some ways because girls complimenting girls usually have less of a chance of a weird out than guys complimenting guys.

So many guys operate under the "Guys can be gay or whatever, I just don't want them around me in case they like me," when in reality it's like...girls already don't like you, what makes you think any guy would?

Smuterella

One Too Many
alexandra said:
We're lucky though in some ways because girls complimenting girls usually have less of a chance of a weird out than guys complimenting guys.

So many guys operate under the "Guys can be gay or whatever, I just don't want them around me in case they like me," when in reality it's like...girls already don't like you, what makes you think any guy would?

true

I've never understood why many men seem to think any gay man would automatically fancy them. Its just so egotistical.

its refreshing actually how easily the chaps on here are with complimenting each other.

alexandra

Practically Family
I know. I'm a (struggling) actor so the majority of my male friends are and always have been gay and they're far less likely to date the majority of the gross slobs I've heard come out with that junk than I am.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:

Sorry

*steps off soapbox*

Another one who agrees with your statement Smuterella (I agree with the one you made about the guys too!)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Originally Posted by Smuterella

I agree as well!!
Nikki

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Originally Posted by Smuterella

I agree as well!!
Nikki

I'll third that!

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
I tend to at least mentally prefix my complements to anyone with

"i hope this doesn't sound too creepy/weird/funny"

since I should like to evince my admiriation for how they look but

1) would hat them to think I'm hitting on them (I usually have serviceable underwear and socks older than most)

2) would hate for them to think I was implying "... since you usually look like you've been dragged backward through a hedge..."

Ah, paranoia...

alexandra

Practically Family
I think most girls are too insecure about themselves and so when they hear compliments, their initial reaction isn't "Ew weird" it's "No I'm not"

TessTrueheart

Smuterella said:

I actually prefer to be complimented by women. Not that I dislike being complimented by men lol , but a woman is more likely to understand the effort that has gone in to dressing/make-up/hair. No offense, men of the lounge.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld