Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks so much Sally and ImOldfashioned:)

I forgot to post one other picture that Tim did over the past weekend that I really like, so here it is. He also took some great photos during our trip to Paris/Nice/Monte Carlos in November, and some other pictures a few weeks ago that would be taken down really quickly if I posted them here :eek:, so make sure you check out Tim's incredible photos on both his MySpace page and mine too!

panamag8or

Practically Family
retrogirl1941 said:
orangeshopandme.jpg

Here is the only picture taken this weekend at the tactical. It as taken in Citra,Fl on rt 301. This particular Orange Shop was built in 1936 but I did not get a picture of the building. Ignore the bad outfit on me, running around in the woods all weekend and you would look like that too! But on the awesome side I scaled the side of cliff in that dress!Woo Hoo!

Samantha

I love that orange shop! The honeybells are in from down south, and I'll be making a trip to Citra for some real soon.

$ally

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks so much Sally and ImOldfashioned
Oh nice, Tim is a great photographer, but you are good subject matter.

Here is another one from that photo shoot. This one was used for a CD:
salon620web.jpg

That photographer doesn't like poses or cheesecake, just natural surprise shots. He got some funny ones of me looking bored and impatient while he pretended to adjust the lighting, but was really clicking away. Also got some amazing thoughtful sweet looking ones. He never wanted me to look at the camera. It was a whole new style for me.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
$ally said:
Oh nice, Tim is a great photographer, but you are good subject matter.

Here is another one from that photo shoot. This one was used for a CD:
salon620web.jpg

That photographer doesn't like poses or cheesecake, just natural surprise shots...
Thanks $ally! I was just thinking of how much I like your new avatar. The shot above is excellent as well.

Thank you, Nashoba too. I have been working very hard at this; studying photography rather than just putting the SLR on auto and praying for the best!

I am so glad you all like the results and Daisy is absolutely lovely. I find if I get her eyes right, everything else falls into place.

If ever anyone is in Boston, hit me up. Currently, I don't charge for a portrait session. I'm working with my first professional model on Sunday and I am very excited.

Rooster

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks so much Sally and ImOldfashioned:)

I forgot to post one other picture that Tim did over the past weekend that I really like, so here it is. He also took some great photos during our trip to Paris/Nice/Monte Carlos in November, and some other pictures a few weeks ago that would be taken down really quickly if I posted them here :eek:, so make sure you check out Tim's incredible photos on both his MySpace page and mine too!

Great to see you back again Daisy. You've become even more beautiful during your absence.!

pgoat

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
$ally. I think you are lovely. For some reason I can see you in a trench coat and hat with maybe a cigarette. Like a 1940s spy gal. Like a detectives secretary or detective yourself.

Looking at all the lovely photos of the ladies is for me like watching girls play dressup. Such fun. Everyone is fab.

Sally definitely reminds me of a famous actress but I am having a brain freeze at the moment (waiting for wifey to come home so we can eat dinner....must be hypoglycemic or something...). It'll come to me eventually. I don't think it's a "Golden era" celeb (for sure seen in color, not BW) but definitely someone very poised & stylish...

pgoat

One Too Many
Very cool photos Daisy, and glad to hear you are recuperating.

May I ask what type of train you're posing on? Is it an old freight/diesel car? My wife and I are traveling to see a friend soon and we are thinking of taking the train down - I know they're not what they used to be but I've always wanted to do a romantic train trip since seeing North by Northwest.

$ally

One Too Many
pgoat said:
Sally definitely reminds me of a famous actress but I am having a brain freeze at the moment (waiting for wifey to come home so we can eat dinner....must be hypoglycemic or something...). It'll come to me eventually. I don't think it's a "Golden era" celeb (for sure seen in color, not BW) but definitely someone very poised & stylish...
Are you sure it's not Bruce Campbell? I swear I have his big chin ("strong jaw" to be PC)

pgoat

One Too Many
Hemmingway Jones - those are indeed very nice portraits, and as a newb I've scanned around and seen a lot of nice shots here. Those look particularly warm for sunny outdoor shots - well done! Sorry if I missed any technical info posted already - did you use a medium format camera/tripod?

Best of luck on the upcoming shoot!

pgoat

One Too Many
$ally said:
Are you sure it's not Bruce Campbell? I swear I have his big chin ("strong jaw" to be PC)

No, silly! I had to IMDB him, wasn't sure who he was - if it ain't BW and on TCM, I either don't know it (post-1990) or have hazy memories (1975-1989). I do recognize him now, tho. Handsome guy, but he's got a Jay Leno chin!

I'm wanting to say it's one of the Redgrave sisters, but I don't think that's quite it. It'll come to me (most likely when I'm not near a computer - and then when I am near one again, I'll forget again:D )

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pgoat said:
Hemmingway Jones - those are indeed very nice portraits, and as a newb I've scanned around and seen a lot of nice shots here. Those look particularly warm for sunny outdoor shots - well done! Sorry if I missed any technical info posted already - did you use a medium format camera/tripod?

Best of luck on the upcoming shoot!
Thanks Pal, that's kind of you to say. I sincerely appreciate it.

Those pics were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi.

pgoat

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
Thanks Pal, that's kind of you to say. I sincerely appreciate it.

Those pics were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi.

Wow, I'm surprised. They came out great. I shouldn't be, tho - A friend of mine recently got an amazing Panasonic Lumix with a Leica lens for well under a grand and it takes beautiful pictures. There are some great cameras out there now.

Of course, in the end, it's who's behind the camera that matters most - well done!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld