Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keeping off The Frizz

• Thread starter Deleted member 12480
  • Start date

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
Something I've found that works wonders and is light on hair is Bedhead Shine Spray. If you spray a little on your hair and you run your fingers through it to smooth it over any frizz looks shiny and non-frizzy. It smells gorgeous too.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Reviving this thread a bit because I've been fighting frizz and static something awful and have finally had a breakthrough.

I used end papers last night as I rolled my hair into sponge rollers. I also used a tiny dab of Alberto's Vo5 hairdressing cream this morning, and wow! Much, much smoother hair, and even a little bit of shine. I'm not sure which was most helpful in shutting down the frizz, the end papers or the product. More experimentation will be necessary. But I finally have hope that I may accomplish what I set out to do. I think the biggest help has been the hairdressing because I ran a little through my hair last night before I washed it just to see what it felt like. My teen daughter was talking with me as I did it and she said my hair transformed from fuzzy curls to smooth right before her eyes. Anyone else had good luck with this product? I used it years before and when I wore my curls natural, don't know why I didn't think of it before now.

Keep in mind I have baby-fine, naturally very-curly hair that frizzes if touched at all once dry. I touch it - it's frizzy, period. Not just at the ends as if in need of a trim, ALL along the hair shaft. Blowing dry does nothing but give me a Caucasian afro, and it does not matter what brush I use, product, etc. I have tried, my beautician friend has tried - its hopeless. This hairdressing seriously calmed it all down and I ended up with bouncy waves.

LorraineSwingaroo

New in Town
This thread has been ever so interesting.

I also struggle with frizz, whether curling or not.

The nicest set I ever achieved involved no gloops, ointments or sprays. I simply straightened sections of hair first with my GHD iron to smooth it and, whilst still warm, rolled a pin curl in it. I slept in it overnight and kept them in until the following afternoon.

The result was glossy, smooth tumbling curls, like Rita Heyworth's.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
It's interesting you say that because the only way I've ever previously been able to get smooth hair has been by using a heated appliance like a curling iron or flat iron, and even though I'm pleased with the results of the Vo5 and end papers, the smoothness I get like that is nowhere near what I can get if I use a curling iron. Even hot rollers don't get as glossy-smooth as a flat iron/curling iron. I guess that's what I was expecting - those smooth ribbon-like curls and then a brush out that resembled it. I hadn't thought about using the iron for pin curls, but I might have to try that. Was the hair completely dry when you used a curling iron? Does your hair hold curl well? Mine does usually, so these wet sets I've been doing could last much longer than I can before needing a wash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe