Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just too much stuff

Feraud

Bartender
Sure do. Life gets to a point where accumulating so much stuff is pointless and weighs me down. I've been moving extra fedoras, overcoats, etc. off to better homes. The closet space feels wonderful.

Enough

One of the Regulars
I try to toss out a cubic foot of stuff every two weeks. I also try to post some of my nicer no longer used stuff on eBay. It is much too easy to accumulate into a nightmare situation if you have to move and part with your nice stuff too quickly.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My parents are like this when it comes to clothes. I am convinced that they are hoarders. The shelves in my Dads closet are about to pull out of the wall. My Moms clothes have taken over both closets upstairs. My Dad has more clothes in the basement than in his closet. We have plates in the kitchen that we have never eaten off of. If my parents died tomorrow, God forbid, I would call for a dumpster the next day. I wouldn't sort it. I wouldn't donate any to charity. It would go straight into the dumpster. 75% of what's in this house would be gone in a matter of days.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My jacket & sweatshirt collection has grown unwieldy again (two more jacket purchases this evening). Time to thin things out & move on those "doesn't fit quite right items". Time to realize some dollar back on those items that are clogging up the closet & not paying for their keep..time to brave E-Bay again!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Glad it's not me. I thought my house was getting smaller. :D
I've actually made a rule years ago, that we don't bring any non-food item into the house for quite some time.
For awhile it just got out of hand, and we ended up with 2 rooms full of stuff we couldn't use.
A lot of things get donated to the neighborhood Church, especially on days when I have a vacation/holiday and my wife doesn't. ;)

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My parents are hoarders. I've looked around my own home and decided I don't need more stuff. I'm pretty damned good with what we have. The only things we'll need when we move is some bedroom furniture for our daughter when she gets old enough to need it. Now nothing comes in unless it is replacing something we already have that's broken or worn out.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
It's good to have an appraisal every now and then and get rid of the excess. Modern things go to the charity shop. I started an Etsy shop and have sold a number of vintage things that were great but not quite right for me anymore. Don't miss a single thing I've sold. I get money and space, someone else gets something awesome. We're all happy!

I find so many people hold onto things that they don't really want or value any more and it does begin to feel like it controls you.

:p

tumblr_mjffcfcyJe1rebih1o1_1280.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe