Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just recieved my Lucien de Brabant et Frere

Magus

Practically Family
Hi there everyone I just got this and wanted to share it with you all. Feel free to comment etc. The unshaven guy is me....looking depression era! (doing work at the house) The felt on this is ver soft and tight but also very thick (Paris does tend to be chilly so it isn't surprizing)

The stats are size 7 1/2, 5 1/2" crown, 2 3/4" brim.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

STA70010.JPG

STA70009.JPG

STA70008.JPG

STA70011.JPG

STA70012.JPG

Very nice. It's hard to judge a hat's quality by photos alone, but that liner sure does look like they didn't compromise on that one. Is that brim edge welted, or more like a Cavanagh edge?
So, how good a deal was it?

Magus

Practically Family
tonyb said:
Very nice. It's hard to judge a hat's quality by photos alone, but that liner sure does look like they didn't compromise on that one. Is that brim edge welted, or more like a Cavanagh edge?
So, how good a deal was it?

The brim edge is an overwelt (sewn with the fold upward...overwhelt right?) Though I know thin felt seems to be a hallmark of note here at the lounge...the lucious thinkness of this hat is wonderful...and buttery soft..

I paid $38 with the shipping.

M

epic610

One of the Regulars
I was going to bid on that ....

and would have paid way more than the winning bid . . . but the sizing info i got was hazy and i didn't think it would fit. probably right.

glad you got it. great looking hat.

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Sssssssssssssh. Don't tell anyone...

There are some fine hats of lesser-known, quality brands out there. And if you're fortunate, at a bargain to boot. Yours is the third of that name I've seen in the last 10 months. I was lucky enough to nab a nifty number that was uncharacteristic of the styles I usually shoot for.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jtban1/album?.dir=6815&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I'd not previously worn a short-brim, short-crown, telescoping-bash fedora. The felt is top-notch, with the band intricately interwoven. At first, I thought it looked kinda limpy, but it styles out right fine.

And like yours, this one came at a deal. So much so, I sorta felt sorry for the seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8252542242&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Magus

Practically Family
Pork...the other white meat!

Ohhhh man...loving that pork pie! If it were my size I would be trying to get it from you. :) Did you find the felt to be rather "full" feeling as well? I am seriously loving this hat.

Yours too...I am one of the few that prefer Pork. ;-)

M

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Nice Work

Very nice work and nice hat. How in the he$& did I miss that one? I would've given you a run for your money. I have been finding hats listed in categories they shouldn't be. You have a nice hat there, looks really sharp. Hey, were you in the Navy? You look familiar.

I don't mean to get all gooey and mystical, Magus, but it occurs to me that perhaps the hat gods wanted you to get that lid, to reward your fine behavior in selling that clean vintage Lee for such a reasonable price.

Magus

Practically Family
thefedorastore said:
Very nice work and nice hat. How in the he$& did I miss that one? I would've given you a run for your money. I have been finding hats listed in categories they shouldn't be. You have a nice hat there, looks really sharp. Hey, were you in the Navy? You look familiar.

Thanks...and...errrr...I'm glad you DIDNT" see it! lol No I wasn't in the Navy, both my stepbrothers were...but...we don't look much alike. They were submariners.

M

Magus

Practically Family
tonyb said:
I don't mean to get all gooey and mystical, Magus, but it occurs to me that perhaps the hat gods wanted you to get that lid, to reward your fine behavior in selling that clean vintage Lee for such a reasonable price.

T...ya never know...but this I do...a "Fair deal" is only that way when its fair to both parties.

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe