Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Received My New Jacket from Johnsons Leather! (sort of)

Aerojoe

Practically Family
He got the jacket, but not the camera.

This one was actually me. I got the jacket but no camera or camera phone
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

D

Deleted member 16736

Soon. I'm pretty close, but I haven't given my final order. I am torn now between a Perry A-2 in seal brown horse with Conmar brass zipper or a Mojave or Arcadia in horse. I've pretty much written off the Ventura and any other A-2.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Sigh. And, the Aero project I mentioned earlier in this thread and expressed unrealistically high hopes of getting by today will, sadly, not be arriving until mid-January. I console myself with the thought that mid-January is such a doldrumy slog a new jacket is just the thing to banish the blahs. Still, it would have been nice...

wdw

One Too Many
Any clues for us what the "project" is, Jack? Is mid-January a definite, as that suggests a confirmed build just after the holidays?

JLStorm

Practically Family
Its sitting under the tree with the other presents. After dinner and before dessert we will do the present thing. hopefully within 2 hours!!!

Peacoat

Bartender
Let me guess: Then it will be too late for pictures as you have to get to bed so you can go to work tomorrow. Then tomorrow you will be at work all day, so it will be tomorrow night before we see the pictures.

You know, I think we really deserve better than this.

D

Deleted member 16736

Who waits until after dinner to open their Christmas presents? You open them Christmas morning. I'm Jewish and I know that!

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Any clues for us what the "project" is, Jack? Is mid-January a definite, as that suggests a confirmed build just after the holidays?

Pretty firm deadline, yes. The 'project' is just an Aero civi jacket, of a certain era. I had an opportunity to try one on last Summer, and, well, you know, one thing led to another, and I ordered one. As for clues, it is neither FQHH or steer; it is seal brown; it has a custom tartan lining. There WILL be pics, and I won't be waiting until after dinner to open the package!

Merry Christmas to all of you gents!

JLStorm

Practically Family
Hey now lol. I gave you fair warning on the first page. The wife and I don't open our presents we got for each other until after we get home from the family Christmas stuff. We eat dinner have really unhealthy desserts and open presents while watching national lampoons Christmas vacation.

This present gets opened last since its technically from me and to me, violating the Christmas gift requirements lol.

Anyway I assure you I am having a harder time waiting than any of you! :)

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
After all this it would be real funny if the Mrs. swapped it out for the latest offering from the mall.

D

Deleted member 16736

Why open them at all? After all, it's the thought that counts.

Next year ask for a sweater. A mall sweater so I don't have to wait for you to open it!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
We need photographic evidence that Storm does, in fact, have THE jacket that he has promised to show us and not have opened the box to find it stuffed with old newspapers, or even worse, perpetrated a cruel hoax on us. Storm, we need proof and think that you have kept us waiting in suspense long enough. In fact, I propose that we set a time limit and report Storm to a moderator if he doesn't pony up the pics. What about it guys? How much more time do we give him?:photo:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe