Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Josh Bernstein's Suede Jacket

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hello All,

I was wondering if any of you folks knew what kind of suede jacket Josh Bernstein wears on Digging for the Truth? Is it a custom job or an off the shelf model? It looks similar to a Levi's trucker jacket but the pockets are similar to a Carhart Barn Coat. Would just like to know. Thanks for any help y'all can offer up, and have a great weekend.

Cheers!

Dan
article2032.jpg

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Someone recently posted this question at Indygear and I think there was a suggestion (although not a definitive knowledge) of what it could be. You might check there and/or try emailing Josh through the History Channel's website.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well it looks like I've run into a dead end on COW & here. Thanks anyway for the responses folks. I'll just keep plugging along until I root something up.[huh] :)

Cheers!

Dan

Michaelson

One Too Many
According to Josh, the jacket was purchased in Colorado 5 years ago, and is a Polo Ralph Lauren suede jean jacket. It's no longer available, and was originally priced at $600....he got it on clearance for 1/2 price. He said he was quite pleased on how well it had held up under such hard use.
He also said that he's seen duplicates in leather stores in Aspen recently, so there are other companies making jackets exactly like it.

Hope this helped.

Regards! Michaelson

Havana

One of the Regulars
$600! Holy Monkey! :eek: I could see that for a high end horse hide jacket or some custom made creation but that's a heck of a price for off the rack suede. At least he got it at half price.

Michaelson

One Too Many
True. Bear in mind it was purchased in Colorado....tourist prices, I'm sure, but then I've seen these kind of prices in Wilson Leather stores here in Tennessee, so it's all in where you shop and what you're willing to pay.

I'm especially surprised at it being suede, and holding up to all the abuse we've seen it taken all over the world, and still be functional. Suede??!!!:eek: Unreal!

Regards! Michaelson

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Michaelson, that was helpful.
But 600 clams, holy shinto!!:eek:
I had a heavy weight suede jacket in high school many moons ago that held up to some horrid abuse. It was something akin ot a suede welders jacke in weight not light and flimsey. In fact I used it in metal shop when welding. But in the way of all things worn in high school I out grew it.
Thanks again Michaelson.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally