Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it possible to get Bill's Khakis in smaller than waist size 30?

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
It seems like lately I have been having a miserable time finding khakis that are any good and that fit me. I have seen Bill's Khakis before and they look nice, but the smallest size they seem to have is a 30 waist. Is it possible to get them anywhere in say, size 28 or 29? I tried some size 30's from Sierra Trading post and they were way big. Dadgum, the clothing companies sure discriminate against us poor skinny wiry fellows that would have been quite common before everyone got fat...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Atterbury Dodd said:
the smallest size they seem to have is a 30 waist. Is it possible to get them anywhere in say, size 28 or 29?
Just have the waist taken in. An inch or two is no problem.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
When trying on your khakis for the first time, we recommend sizing them up loosely for the best fit. Repeated washing and drying can result in shrinkage beyond 1% to 3%. Should that occur, simply hang your khakis dry. Length and fullness will come back. To limit wrinkles without ironing, simply flatten your khakis on a flat surface while damp and let dry. If you wear your khakis professionally starched, they will size up larger and longer than if cared for at home. We do not recommend letting out the waist due to marks left by the original seam.

Well, according to Bill's if you wash them at home, they may shrink a bit. If you get a 30 they may shrink up to fit you.

Otherwise, they don't recommend letting them out, but I don't see where there would be a problem taking them in a size.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
I sent an inquiry to Bill's Khakis. The size 30's I bought a while ago were more like 31-32's and I don't think would have ever shrunk to a good fit. Is it usual for Bill's khakis to run large?

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
My experience is that they are sized to allow for shrinkage. Larger than their stated size, so they shrink to their listed size.
I don't see any problem taking them in, from 30 to 28. They just recommended not letting them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld