Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
NO! I don't understand, either... Stick around, Thundercolt!! We always need the good guys with great hats, and more Alohas. I'm looking forward to your next post, sir! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

If I have to xplain further... you still wouldn't get it either.

Thundercolt

One of the Regulars
NO! I don't understand, either... Stick around, Thundercolt!! We always need the good guys with great hats, and more Alohas. I'm looking forward to your next post, sir! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

That's the response I was hoping for! Thanks guys.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I understood your implied joke. Just so you know.

Thx. It was just simple off beat humor falling short... It wasn't meant as "mean spirited." Sorta like when my chronic complaining daughter said "Daddy, It hurts when I breathe." And I told her "OK, just stop breathing." I answered his question very literally. It was a "quip." Tongue in cheek. And people get all defensive and offended... LIGHTEN UP!

Last edited:
Sometimes the written word, short of facial expressions and body language, looses some of the subtleties or nuances intended, and I'm sure you know this. In general this is a pretty decent bunch of folks around here, but as humans misunderstanding can and do occur. The general tone is (or is supposed to be) complementary on the Lounge. In that spirit, you are right in you call to lighten up, Bob. All GOOD!

Enjoy the weekend, the holiday, if appropriate, and let's talk HATS!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes the written word, short of facial expressions and body language, looses some of the subtleties or nuances intended, and I'm sure you know this. In general this is a pretty decent bunch of folks around here, but as humans misunderstanding can and do occur. The general tone is (or is supposed to be) complementary on the Lounge. In that spirit, you are right in you call to lighten up, Bob. All GOOD!

Enjoy the weekend, the holiday, if appropriate, and let's talk HATS!

Thank you for the balance you add to this forum Hats. That joke simply needed a home and that one liner was begging to be delivered. I couldn't resist it.

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Summer%20hat_zps3jjptcgi.jpg

So what's a guy have to do to lose that "New in Town" tag anyway?

Show us a few more good looking lids like that one and you're there! Well done!

Rodney

Familiar Face
I just signed on a few days ago.
Why I'm here: I started sewing with my daughter Olivia a little over a year ago. Olivia is 11 and wanted to learn to sew her own clothes. I decided to learn to sew so I could teach Olivia and basically got hooked on it. My wife doesn't sew but is slowly becoming interested. I've only recently became interested in vintage clothing, I think because of searching for sewing patterns for my daughter. I love the Art Deco period and am fascinated by the styles of the 20s thru 40s. They just seem to show more class and style than modern fashions to me. Unfortunately sewing patterns for men from that era are few and far between compared to lady's styles and I've only barely begun to learn about tailoring. I'm 5'10 and weigh 250 lbs. There just aren't a lot of surviving vintage suits for men my size. I've never been a great dresser. Jeans and a T-shirt or flannel is what I usually wear. Lately though, I've been wanting to dress a little better. My goal is to sew a suit for myself based on the styles of the 40s. I've been doing a lot of reading here and am really enjoying the site.
Thanks for having me here.
Rodney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe