Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing........cufflinks.......and now tie bars.......

Little Rico

New in Town
Hi Guys,

Been reading the Fedora Lounge for some while, and thought it time I got involved a little.
By way of introduction, here is a small part of my vintage collection. As I find time, I will add more.................

Enjoy..............and comments please

Rico:D

DSC03071.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

DSC03091.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Those are beautiful. My fella has one French cuff shirt, and I have a pair of my grandfather's links for him to use, but nothing so vibrant and colorful as your collection.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
These look like real enamel, beautiful designs and colour schemes!

I am a fire enameler (the real thing, no resin!) and I often entertain the idea of making cufflinks. Champlevé is a technique I quite enjoy and it works wonderfully for art deco designs. Very inspirational post, thank you!!

Little Rico

New in Town
Hi Loungers,

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind comments about my cuff-links.

I have been collecting vintage for going on 12 years. I have been very lucky with some finds, but have always been prepared to go that extra yard and $ to get what I wanted.

The collection is now quite extensive, but I guess (and hope) gaining in value, although I never bought my collection to make money.

Regards

Rico

Tie bars on the way.........................

Little Rico

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words. I don`t get to wear them much as my job doesn`t require a shirt and tie, but still nice to have as and when the time is right

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Rico, those are the best Deco enamel 'links and bars I've ever seen. Are they European? (The French made a lot of them.)

These days, vintage Deco enamel cufflinks as fine as yours rarely show up on U.S. eBay. UK and French eBay are better sources.

Little Rico

New in Town
I guess most are european, and me thinks most are 1930`s from the design and quality.

Most of my favorite vintage is late 30`s/40`s. tho` my daily dress is period 50`s (jeans, gab shirt)

The stuff is definately getting harder to find.............

I really am pleased that my accessories have gone down so well with you aficionado`s. As most of my gear doesn`t see much day light, I thought it was a shame that people don`t see the stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe