Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

RBH

Bartender
lookoutscj said:
DSC00299.jpg
I'll have to say I like the look of the "Indy" hat itself; The one in both avatar and full size attachment is one of Steve Delk's fine creations. I got one of the very first gray ones he made a few years back and it may well be the finest hat I own including vintage (of which I granted only have a small (3) collection of) I realize this hat, historically speaking probably did not exist in the 30's, but boy, it sure does LOOK 30's to me!
Lookoutscj
If it wasnt 30's...it should have been!:D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
New Issue of Vanity Fair

If you haven't seen it yet, the new issue of Vanity Fair that is now out on newsstands features a cover story on the new Indy flick, as well as a cover photo that includes the new fedora.:fedora: :)

Cheers,
JtL

Donato

One of the Regulars

bigrex

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome Donato, and thanks Caparzo for that better quality shot, I couldn't find a better one online, so my version is resized and photoshopped but due to the overcontrast elimination it looks washed out.

Donato

One of the Regulars
bigrex said:
Thanks for the welcome Donato, and thanks Caparzo for that better quality shot, I couldn't find a better one online, so my version is resized and photoshopped but due to the overcontrast elimination it looks washed out.
Is that you in the the avatar bigrex? I like your lndy very much. Whoever that is, he wears it well. Do you know which Indy that is? Thanks.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Bienvenu Caparzo! Je suis americain mais j'adore le sud de la France - "Le Midi." J'ai un ami qui habite a Lyon et je connais Toulouse et Grenoble aussi. Je pense que vous aimeriez le Lounge.

[Welcome Caparzo! I am an American but I love the south of France (known as "The Midi"). I have a friend who lives in Lyon and I know (the cities of) Toulouse and Grenoble also. I think you would like the Lounge.]

Caparzo

New in Town
Thanks all.

Merci ?† toi. Je n'habite pas loin de Toulouse, 1h30 environ. mais je suis plutot vers Carcassonne. :) (with the Carcassonne fortress !)

bigrex

New in Town
Donato,

Yep, that's me, thanks for the compliments, here's a link that shows some close-ups:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=5342&page=5

Caparzo,

J'habité dans le sud de la France pendant deux ans, en fait j'ai vécu au Carcassonne pendant cinq mois. C'est trés jolie là-bas, je préfère cette régione plus que les autres endroits dans le sud. La régione avec des ruins de cathares est également très intéressantes.

For non francophones, here's what I think I said above:

Caparzo,
I lived in the south of France for two years, in fact I lived in Carcassonne for five months. It's very pretty over there, I prefer that region more than other areas in the south. The region with the Cathares' ruins is also very interesting.

As an added bonus to any other Indy "nuts" out there, here's something I dredged up online that claims to have a description of the Indy IV trailer that will come out in Feb.:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35391

Donato

One of the Regulars
J'habité dans le sud de la France pendant deux ans, en fait j'ai vécu au Carcassonne pendant cinq mois. C'est trés jolie là-bas, je préfère cette régione plus que les autres endroits dans le sud. La régione avec des ruins de cathares est également très intéressantes.

Now what are the chances of two francophiles meeting up on the same thread in a forum about fedoras? That is amazing! Merci!!

citRon

A-List Customer
Donato said:
Is that you in the the avatar bigrex? I like your lndy very much. Whoever that is, he wears it well. Do you know which Indy that is? Thanks.

...yeah, what hat are you wearing bigrex?

kiltie

Practically Family
Indy Gear???

Okay, we all know the hat is cool. We all know that for some it's a never ending quest for the perfect Indy hat, jacket, etc... I understand there's even a web site dedicated to such things;) . What I want, however, is the Cate Blanchett accessory. Can anyone help me with that? Can anybody get me a totally authentic Cate Blanchett?!? I will take any model: the Oscar and Lucinda, the Elizabeth, the Aviator...I don't care... I can deal with the "screen acurate" business later.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe