Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Dan, I love that straw you have on!:D

I am thinking the Camptown is a secret that is about to be secret no longer.
Great photo on the USS Pampanito. That hat has classic lines, I like it.

Thanks R.! It's too bad I couldn't get up on the conning tower and lash myself to the periscope.lol That would have been a great shot.lol
I certainly hope that this secret does get out. Camptowns are a wonderful hat. It has great classic lines indeed and wears like iron. And as windy as it was there in the Bay the hat stuck to the noggin. On top of that it's an affordable lid on most budgets.

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with RBH ,that is a fine looking vest:eusa_clap
DJ,I am still looking for that picture. I will find it yet.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic:
Sorry to say gentlemen, that vest is a one-off. I bought the Vogue pattern and the wool herringbone on ebay and then my woman (actually my better half) made it for me. There was a bit of crying and a lot of cussing involved but it did get made. She did a fantastic job of it and I tell here every time I put it on.

Cheers!

Dan

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
DanielJones said:
:eek:fftopic:
Sorry to say gentlemen, that vest is a one-off. I bought the Vogue pattern and the wool herringbone on ebay and then my woman (actually my better half) made it for me. There was a bit of crying and a lot of cussing involved but it did get made. She did a fantastic job of it and I tell here every time I put it on.

Cheers!

Dan

If you still have the pattern, there's still a chance for more, isn't there, as long as the Mrs. doesn't mind a few more hours at the sewing machine.....LOL!!!! lol lol

Seriously, that is a very sharp looking vest....Kudos to the Mrs. on a fine job!!! :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DJ, I think this is the one you were thinking of.
DSCN2277.jpg

Marc makes a great product!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That be the one!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Man that is a sharp looking lid! I dig on the style of the day for that shot. The glasses really make it.

Yes I still have the pattern, and I think I can talk her into making another. The big problem came when the notched collar had to be sewn & then turned. The instructions were vague on this and I had to do a little sewing research online before she went critical and took out the entire neighborhood. Defused that one. The big problem was the thickness of the wool, it made it hard to turn. If I had lighter suiting fabric it would have been loads easier. But enough of that.

Thank you for the kind words, I will pass on the compliments to the Mrs.

Douglas, thanks for posting that shot of your AB from Marc. Very sharp.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap She did a fantastic job!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap [on the vest, I dont know about the cussing]
I'm glad you had a good hat, an ordinary hat would have put your noggin in danger! lol

Hopefully the secret is out now. Camptown hats can help save your skin & noggin.:)

Cheers!

Dan

dzacca

New in Town
My indy inspired is in my avatar ;)

I'm going to make a few changes on the shape as soon as the temperature will drop and I'll start again wearing felts...

Kishtu

Practically Family
Has anyone seen the Indy inspired Lego, slightly off topic...

How COOL is that!

That's OH sorted for birthdays then!

fatwoul

Practically Family
Well, I don't know about any official Lego stuff like that, but I've always thought this is pretty cool.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Yes, I'm an Indy nut. Not really over the top with the "costume" stuff - all I have is the hat and a similar satchel. I'd like to get the jacket someday.

Well, here is my Akubra Federation regular. I love this hat because I've always felt it was like the real thing; easily able to be sat on and trumpled.

I've modified this hat alot to make it closer to screen-accurate. Once you start, you won't want to stop :) I've pounced the felt thinner, tightened the ribbon, etc. etc.

And this hat has seen so much punishement it's not even funny...it's been sat on hundreds of times, crumpled into a little ball, rolled, beaten against the wall, stepped on, and even buried.

Akubra_8.png

I'll try to get some better pictures up eventually. I have them somewhere.

Silohette_3.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld