Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'M IN HEAVEN

dr greg

One Too Many
Tio save me loading up a heap of photos, I got this today
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270372136391
and I have to say, that pound for pound, it outshines my Burberry in every dept, I use the term advisedly because it weighs more in the hand at least by half, and is just tougher in feel and construction. I have another AQ in Navy and it is again superior to the Burb in water fastness....now I have to sell at least one of them....I think.....

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Burberry Overcoat

Nice score Greg...the sizing on Burberry is all over the place. I scored a beauty virtually new for USD200 on Styleforum and I think it was a 48 which was really a 46 /big 44. That's intentional as it is a coat to go over everything I suppose. The new ones are USD1200 but from what I hear are not a patch on the original made in UK jobs.

It looks khaki in the pix what is the real colour the normal greyish off white perhaps?

taggers

New in Town
Hi, I've got the same coat, but it's not in such good condition. It's not scruffy, as such, just HEROICALLY TATTY.

Problem is, it doesn't look right with a suit, it's a bit too far gone. Can the panel suggest a good way to wear it? It doesn't get out much.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
taggers said:
Can the panel suggest a good way to wear it? It doesn't get out much.
Over a leather jacket (worn casually) or any other clothing intended to look casual. Also for adventuring/outdoor in cold or rainy weather. I think a fedora would still look OK with a tatty trench coat as it is such a versatile type of hat.

Just my opinion of course. My trench coat isn't tatty (it's average I suppose, definitely good enough to wear with a suit) but I wear it like this for everyday wear and with a suit when it calls for. Considering I paid £12.99 plus an extra four to get a belt which is a near perfect match, I don't mind taking the risk of it getting dirty. The one time it got seriously muddy (I slipped onto my backside) I just carefully handwashed the affected area and let it dry rather than taking it to a dry cleaner and it worked out alright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe