Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Well my nan told me earlier today that 'in the face' I bear a resemblance to Greer Garson

greer.jpg
lightscamera-1.jpg

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Not posting a pic...:eek: But I've been told Kate Winslet (not Golden Era, I know) by one person... I don't see it, But I think she said it because we have a similar eye and lip shape....

2vmvfdi.jpg

For a Golden Era lady...I'd say...Hedy Lamarr? (again, the eye and lip shape...)
hedy_lamarr_01.jpg

(I am totally flattering myself here, LOL)

I am a bit plumber than these two ladies though.
Someone once described my looks as pre-raphealite...So I dunno any classic ladies with that look?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just remembered I have a clear photo of me in a suit. My business picture from '05 (definitely time for an update). The hair is longer and I grew the brillo pad since then, eyes remain that sexy blue. Any ideas, current or vintage?

workpic.jpg

Kaci

New in Town
Hello, I'm new to the forums...this is my first post here.

I don't really think I resemble any celebrities, but perhaps some of you folks could help me out here. I don't really think I have vintage-looking 'features':

kacibleh1.jpg

closeup1.jpg

And, my hair is a freaking mess here. This was for a vintage fashion show I did. Not the best pic in the world, but thought some of you ladies might like to see the outfit :)

kfashion.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
I have never been compared to any golden era celebrities, but have been told that I resemble Meg Ryan (especially in my younger days when I had longer hair).

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Whenever I dress vintage I get everything from Ava Gardner to Judy Garland to Rizzo from Grease! lol But I don't think I really look like any of those I've been told..

I have no clue who I really look like...

<----------- Any ideas?

Kaci

New in Town
BegintheBeguine said:
Wow! I'm thinking Yvonne De Carlo, in Criss Cross. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041268/

Aw, why thank you. :) I take that as a big compliment.

In fact, I have been compared to her in the past - except as her role as Lilly Munster. I think the only famous people I have been compared to actually, are Lilly Munster, and Morticia and Wednesday Addams (my mommy used to braid my hair like that as a child, and I always wore black dresses). Funny! lol

Emblaze

Familiar Face
Kaci, I see a bit of Sophia Loren.

Kimberly, I also thought of Nanette Fabray as soon as I saw your avatar when you first joined. You're the spitting image!

Adelaidey, you look like Judy Garland in your avatar, and I thought you looked a bit like Rachel whatsername (The Notebook and Mean Girls) in the picture you had there before.

I want a Golden Era lookalike! Who do I look like?

Photo-0094.jpg

Photo-0096.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Adelaidey said:
I have no clue who I really look like...

<----------- Any ideas?

Not so much in this Avatar... but...

You look so much like a woman I used to date that I had to look and double check when you first joined to make sure it wasn't. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Chiming in here;

Kaci, I love the picture of you in the animal print coat. Your other photos are stunning too (the one in the middle reminds me a bit of Drusilla my favorite character on Buffy)

Kimberley, I definitely see Nanette too but my gut reaction was Loretta Young or her sister Sally Blaine.

Emblaze, I love your haircut--its so pretty!

Emblaze

Familiar Face
Jitterbugdoll said:
Emblaze--you actually remind me of a Shirley Temple, especially through the mouth and nose. You are a lovely lady!

imoldfashioned said:
Emblaze, I love your haircut--its so pretty!

Thank you and thank you! I do so love compliments! Funny that you should see Shirley Temple in me JBD. Whenever I play with that myheritage lookalike site it matches me with her - but six-year-old blonde Shirley. I much prefer this incarnation! I mean, I knew I looked young for my age, but really! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82