Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you like 'em they'll make more

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I've been cuttin' through the first issue of Classic Style magazine and rereading the article written by Zemke and... well... It's to be read. The information on the industry and hat making and styles that are popular nowadays...

It's my favorite article. Tells you roughly the size of the industry, their take on the comeback of hats and from where your felt is coming.

Zemki, you did a fantastic job.

We haven't seen something this indepth into the hatting industry in a while.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It's pretty snazzy.

The Launch party went fantastically and I'm still hanging out in LA showing Senator Jack some of the hot spots listed.

He keeps complaining about how noone goes to the old buildings and classci venues. Problem is most of the general public in LA and Hollywood doesn't care about the history.

The magazine literally showcases what's left.

matei

One Too Many
We noticed that as well... we raved about the abundance of beautiful old Art Deco buildings still in use, and people (not Loungers) were kinda nonplussed. Probably thought we were two crazy foreigners.[huh]

Lawman

One of the Regulars
I'm a New York boy, but I just read the Steve Hodel book about the Black Dahlia murder. It really awakens some envoy for the LA of the 1930s and 1940s. What a terrifc peak into the past that book is! Like a Raymond Chandler novel, only real (and much, much scarier).

Mark

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe