Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

if you could find the suit of one famous previous owner, whose would it be?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Suit #2: John Lennon
IndicaGallery68.jpg

-dixon cannon

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Paul, is that one you found ?

This was found by a friend of mine. He had an "in" into Harold Lloyd's mansion before the estate sale (a few years ago). Mr. Lloyd never, EVER got rid of anything ... but he also didn't take good care of what he had. My friend got into a pantry next to one of the kitchens: there was a rack of Lloyd's suits in there, from the '20s to the '50s or so. All of them had notable moth damage and mold stains. My friend got the one that I showed in the photos. Another suit from the same rack sold at auction recently, but it was in really terrible condition.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
This was found by a friend of mine. He had an "in" into Harold Lloyd's mansion before the estate sale (a few years ago). Mr. Lloyd never, EVER got rid of anything ... but he also didn't take good care of what he had. My friend got into a pantry next to one of the kitchens: there was a rack of Lloyd's suits in there, from the '20s to the '50s or so. All of them had notable moth damage and mold stains. My friend got the one that I showed in the photos. Another suit from the same rack sold at auction recently, but it was in really terrible condition.

that's a shame. i'd take a 20s suit of Lloyd's even if it was in bad condition to use for patterns.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I think the Buster Keaton one is just delicious! I'd love to own it!

I also like the grey, three-piece suit worn by Sean Connery in the film "Goldfinger".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe