Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If Indiana Jones Wore a Homburg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
...might it look something like this?

P1040114.jpg

I found myself with a surplus of black Homburgs, and a desire to have a black Whippett (or reasonable facsimile). With steam iron and soak, it took some time to (gently) remove the pencil roll. When finished, I was fairly pleased, but on a whim I tried something I had played with, before. With no steam or water, I turned up just the bound edge (not a full pencil roll). I like it enough, I think I'll keep it this way.

P1040117.jpg

By the way, the hat is a Lundstrom (Since 1884) Zenith, which I'm guessing was made prior to WW II (The manufacturer"s paper tag said the model was the "ADOLPH." Anybody got any history on Lundstrom?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Fletch, Well, shut my mouth! That is one fine looking hat, and you are certainly right in your assessment. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a great looking hat J.T., you've done a terrific job.

Fletch my man this is the best pic of you yet,that is a fantastic look. and the hat is Wow!

Edward

Bartender
Fletch said:
If Indy wore a homburg, it would be my brown Dobbs with the front crunched down by hand, as was done on stylish east coast campuses in the mid 30s. Looka here.

1323171521_48ca1969ed.jpg

The lesser spotted snap-brim Homburg! Looks sharp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe