Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I'm in love....

tortswon

Practically Family
There was a Twilight Zone about this problem. Don't go to the top floor of the department store under ANY circumstances!!!!!! Best, Sam

fishmeok

Vendor
Wow! That is mighty cool....
and yes, very creepy. But I read a news wire about a woman who has romantic feelings for the Eiffel tower, so at least the mannequin is representative of the right species...
Cheers
Mark

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hurry it is not too late

OK..turn off computer.
Avoid Craigs List
Contact the studio...
Book a show on "Dr. Phil".
Title " I am in love with a mannequin".
Continue counseling and meet "live" people.

fishmeok

Vendor
And, as my wife just helpfully pointed out, she doesn't talk! Plus she can be easily disassembled for transport. No more riding around on a motorcycle with a fully assembled dummy strapped to the back like Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrail in "Mannequin"...

I don't see anything wrong with this relationship:)

Cheers
Mark

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Your new crush is kind of creepy! Really, though, what is it with mannequins coming to life in pop culture? (I fondly remember that Twilight Zone episode.)

Foofoogal

Banned
I have a similar one missing the hands. I bought her at a store that went out of business and had been in business for a long time. I have been trying to find the hands forever. Better buy her quickly. These are worth a pretty penny. Not sure of age but I say early 1960s.

Orsini

Familiar Face
It does seem to resemble Anne Francis (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004282/) a bit.

The episode of "The Twilight Zone" series was "The After Hours" (1960) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734628/). The mannequins were taking turns being human and Anne's character had played hooky, not coming back on schedule so the next mannequin could go out on the town. The mannequins were all quite annoyed and I expect they took Anne's character out of the rotation...

It would be interesting to know how that mannequin ended up being styled like that. Possibly it is a relic from the TV show?

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
fishmeokPlus she can be easily disassembled for transport.[/QUOTE said:
It's probably not helpful to remark that the other kind is, as well. It's putting 'em back together that's more difficult....:eek:

Seriously. Seek counseling. :rolleyes: But keep us posted, OK? ;)

"Skeet"

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Oh. My. God.
You must purchase it. Think of all the fun vintage dates y'all could go on. Everything is more fun with a mannequin!!

Macheath

One of the Regulars
tortswon said:
There was a Twilight Zone about this problem. Don't go to the top floor of the department store under ANY circumstances!!!!!! Best, Sam

"Marsha", I believe her name was. Cute kid, but always yammering annoyingly about a gold thimble. lol

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Does she have a Vintage friend?

colettebiba.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld