Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I remember when.....

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I do remember E ticket rides at Disneyland though :)

I remember those when we went in 1974...
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I remember odd and even gas days. I remember when we had the Bicentennial Celebration at school, we got dressed up like little minutemen, but they wouldn't let us bring our toy muskets to school.

Also, when Montgomery Ward, JC Penney and Sears had real departments with sales staff that knew the products.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I remember when people still listened to records. (besides me)

I still do, though not as often as my CDs. I remember sitting in front of our huge, stereo console and looking at all of my Mom's albums: the Village People (really, Mom?), the Bee Gees (it was the 70s, I guess!), Barbara Streisand, etc.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I remember when there wasn't a whole full-length aisle in the grocery store devoted to snack foods. Maybe a quarter of an aisle, and your choice was potato chips, bar-b-q potato chips, pop corn, cheese corn, potato sticks, or pretzels. You had to go to the expensive part of town to find Cheez-Doodles and Fritos.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I remember sitting in front of the TV on July 20, 1969 when the world stopped as Apollo 11 approached, and then landed on the moon, and then the agonizing wait for Armstrong to come down the ladder, step off the LEM landing pad, and place his feet on the surface.

Haha, from what I've inherited from my folks, they gave me their console and all their albums. I have the 'Saturday Night Fever' soundtrack, a couple Streisand albums, and a Village People 8-track (Dad graduated in 78 and Mom in 83 lol) Ah well, takes me back to being a kid anyways!

I still do, though not as often as my CDs. I remember sitting in front of our huge, stereo console and looking at all of my Mom's albums: the Village People (really, Mom?), the Bee Gees (it was the 70s, I guess!), Barbara Streisand, etc.

We had green shag and wood paneling in our living room! And it was 2001 lol
I remember when our living room had blue shag carpet. :eek:

I remember pumping the gas a few times to get my wood-paneled station wagon started, then all my buddies chipping in gas money, so we could all pile in that 8-passenger behemoth and cruise around Portage.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I remember when 19 inch televisions had a handle on the top so you could carry it from room to room. I also remember when some televisions had "push button" channels that were actually 14 pre-set dialed channels but you had to slide the channel number next to the button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82