Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I must be crazy...

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
Crazy about the Fedora Lounge, that is... So, here I am on the beach in North Carolina on vacation with my family, and I find myself feeling restless and mildly annoyed that I havent been able to read any of the new posts here for 4 days... so I scrounged up one of those "free AOL trail" thingies just so I could get my fix. I'm always complaining about people who can never unplug, even on vacation, and now I've turned into one of them! :cry:

However, I will use these precious few moments to update myself on the latest and greatest happenings and to brag momentarily about getting to visit the "Ava Gardner Museum" on the way down! Granted, it was an unscheduled pit stop... I saw the sign and yelled "we HAVE to stop there!!!!!" It was pretty neat and when I get back I'll post some of the pictures I took.

Ok... back out to the beach to get sunburned some more.

I miss the Fedora Lounge :(

-Jess

RedPop4

One Too Many
Been there, not that beach, but not being connected and on vacation.

I know when we were evacuated for Katrina, we walked to a gorgeous public library in Collierville, TN and used their computers to not only check on people, but for me to post on the other board I frequent and moderate.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol believe me, I know how you feel, I was gone to the beach a couple of weekends ago and was going a little stir crazy not being able to check in the lounge like I'm used to....so, after that, I swore that when traveling, my lap top goes with me :D
Hope you have a great time!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hurry back!

May I strongly suggest something on the order of SPF 45 or 50:eek:

Sunburns, oooooooooooh.:rage:

My aunt from Denmark, she's mid 70's...looks like a California "dancing rasin" now due to the European tradition of "FRYING" in the sun on a regular basis.

My Irish underbelly-of-a-fish skin says AAAAAAAH!

Have fun! We miss you too! WAIT! NO! ENJOY. you can internet access this joint from any hotel with WI-FI....:p

magneto

Practically Family
Beach? Oh, that's the place where you get bundled up in a thick wool overcoat and muffler and, if you're daring, extend your chilled blue hands towards a crackling bonfire on the sand! Now I remember! :)
-Magneto, Northern California native

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
Andykev said:
May I strongly suggest something on the order of SPF 45 or 50:eek:

Sunburns, oooooooooooh.:rage:

My aunt from Denmark, she's mid 70's...looks like a California "dancing rasin" now due to the European tradition of "FRYING" in the sun on a regular basis.

My Irish underbelly-of-a-fish skin says AAAAAAAH!

Have fun! We miss you too! WAIT! NO! ENJOY. you can internet access this joint from any hotel with WI-FI....:p

Here I am... at it again! First, even with a 45 or 50 sunscreen, I still burn. I am right now nursing a rather hefty burn I got because I went outside for maybe 20 minutes to tell my sister and cousin that lunch was ready this afternoon. I just went outside for a minute without sunscreen and I lingered a bit too long... I'm THAT easy to burn :(

I would love to have hotel WI-FI, but we're in the middle of nowhere in a beach cottage my family rented, so I am suffering through dial up. :D Right now I am justifying my being online because its after 1am, so I'm not wasting pretty sunshine! :)

However, I shall return... with pretty seashells, maybe a little pink skinned, and some photos of Ava Gardners pretty dresses to post in the powder room. :) Oh, and if I hit the antique stores nearby, I might come home with a lighter bank account, too. :rolleyes:

See ya soon!! :)

Hondo

One Too Many
Enjoy your posts as well, Be careful of the sun rays, my dad had skin cancer (treatable) , as Andykev added years from now your skin will be like a rasin if your not careful, not to mention lines, wrinkles not a pretty sight when you get older, so cover up. Over the years I've spent 15 of them on a graveyard shift, rarely seeing any sun (night owl) now at the ripe old age of 53, I've been told, looks younger, even without much on top (hair) :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld