Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

Goose.

Practically Family
Mr. Paladin said:
:eek:fftopic: I know its off topic but has anyone heard from Goose lately? I've missed his wit.
Carlisle Blues said:
Goose is the proverbial "bad" penny...but actually a good one he will turn up..;)

The "bad penny" is back :) Thanks my lid brethren for the emails and posts wondering about me. Been laying low. As Mr. Paladin stated, it was, indeed, my health.

I have had congestive heart failure for about 8-9 years now. Once in awhile it raises it's ugly head and I get wiped out. Can't make it to the kitchen to get a beer w/o getting winded.

Have a lot of catching up to do, so if this has already been posted, well...too bad...no such thing as too much info.

Got an email from hatsdirect on 01 OCT that states: ""heads Up" on a small order of Federation Deluxe IV in Black that will be arriving in about 4 weeks".
Thought some may be interested.

OK, that wraps up my Eagle Scout Good Turn for the Day.

MarkD

One of the Regulars
I have been lurking out here for quite a while and have learned so much it is unbelievable. Thanks to all who have imparted their wisdom. What a great bunch.

Upon reading up on the FedIV i decided I had to have one. I am sometimes worried about wearing any of my vintage hats, especially for nockaround or working. I am a phone tech and I really get around running service. In and out of the truck all day and in basements, etc. I will not wear anything that I prize of course.

This brought me to the Fed. As I do travel locally every day I wanted something that has great classic style but is also replaceable and tough. The Federation Deluxe IV in Heritage Fawn is what I now have in my possession and what a fantastic choice.

For those who are wondering about the color of Heritage Fawn I can only say that no picture that I have seen anywhere does it justice. This thing is brown, tan, gray, moss and maybe some others I have not experienced yet. It is just fantastic, like a chameleon.

It is also really fun to play with, very soft and pliable it takes a dry bash better than anything else I have seen. A little steam to hold it and away you go. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Thanks to all who opened my eyes to this exceptional hat.:eusa_clap

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
MarkD said:
I have been lurking out here for quite a while and have learned so much it is unbelievable. Thanks to all who have imparted their wisdom. What a great bunch.

Upon reading up on the FedIV i decided I had to have one. I am sometimes worried about wearing any of my vintage hats, especially for nockaround or working. I am a phone tech and I really get around running service. In and out of the truck all day and in basements, etc. I will not wear anything that I prize of course.

This brought me to the Fed. As I do travel locally every day I wanted something that has great classic style but is also replaceable and tough. The Federation Deluxe IV in Heritage Fawn is what I now have in my possession and what a fantastic choice.

For those who are wondering about the color of Heritage Fawn I can only say that no picture that I have seen anywhere does it justice. This thing is brown, tan, gray, moss and maybe some others I have not experienced yet. It is just fantastic, like a chameleon.

It is also really fun to play with, very soft and pliable it takes a dry bash better than anything else I have seen. A little steam to hold it and away you go. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Good choice, MarkD, and welcome to FL!

rrog

A-List Customer
MarkD said:

Very well said. And welcome to the lounge. Better spary on some Off. 'Cause you're fixing to get bit by the hat bug!

rrog

Goose.

Practically Family
Thanks to all you cool cats in the sandbox for the great "welcome back". You were missed. Interesting how this place grows on you. Nice to be back and read the thoughts of those that teach and learn attributes of a common indulgence.
MarkD said:
... I am sometimes worried about wearing any of my vintage hats, especially for nockaround or working. I am a phone tech and I really get around running service. In and out of the truck all day and in basements, etc. I will not wear anything that I prize of course.
Hey MarkD...
That's great to read such a positive post and to know that you are happy with your Federation. Do you wear it to work? Just wondering.

Cheers and Congratulations :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld