Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just won

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A really nice Borsalino and it seems to be in great shape.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130028062250&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003
I also got this one too
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230028988690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013
Interesting that this Stetson was sold from the same store as my Flagship.

I also picked this up also cause man can't live with hat alone.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160032600848&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

DOUGLAS

The Stetson has me interested .I have not seen that liner before or at any rate I don't have it in any of mine. I am getting a bit confusedwith all the different grades of felt. This one is Extra what ever that means. I do like the shape of the hat .

WEEGEE

Practically Family
scores

he searches ....he bids...he scores.

DOUGLAS,

You are looking like the Gretzky of hat auctions.

congratulations....again,

WeeGee:)

feltfan

DOUGLAS said:
The Stetson has me interested .I have not seen that liner before or at any rate I don't have it in any of mine. I am getting a bit confusedwith all the different grades of felt. This one is Extra what ever that means. I do like the shape of the hat .

If we could only figure out the felt grades we
would know everything...

That Stetson logo in the liner reminds me
of the Stetson Vogue bowler someone posted recently.
Looks old and interesting.

Tony in Tarzana

I was looking long and hard at that Stetson, but it was too small and I saw you had already bid. Please get some detailed pictures of that liner and the other inside details, I (and I suspect a lot of us) am very curious about it.

Great scores!

squid

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
Those Borsas from Bulgaria have excellent reviews. A number of members have posted them before ...

Nice scores. I'm particularly interested to hear about the Royal Stetson. Maybe the first in the line of Royals? So early 40s or so ...

bk

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. I wanted to pick up another one.;) This is my favorite hat.

Douglas, don't you wear a 7 1/4 (or 5 1/2 French)? Mine stretched up a size beautifully.

DOUGLAS

The vest seems good but then again they don't make them like they used to. No applies the belt strap that most older vests had to stop them from sliding up.

DOUGLAS

Yeah Tony, I will take some detailed shots of the interior. That liner has pricked my imagination. It should be fun.

Sqiud,My natural size is 7-1/4 but resently the 1/8ths have been fitting very well and that goes for the 5s also.

WeeGee. I didn't get everything I wanted but That's how it goes.

Cruiser I was really hoping to get this hat just for the color. I did'nt persue a few others that looked really good so I could concentrate on this one.

DOUGLAS

I saw at a flea market today a beautiful Homburg from Sacks 5th ave. with it's box.It looked unused and in perfect condition . It was a size 7-3/8 and dark blue almost black and had a very small brim binding not the thick type I usually see. Does any one know who made the hats for the major department stores. They definitely look and feel much nicer than the crap the have in their stores now.

DOUGLAS

Thanks Marc, the hat seemed so well made and with that small bound edge if it were my size I would have got it.

DOUGLAS

Dinerman no I did not get it,although it was beautiful and pristine it was too large and I promised myself I would not buy any more hats that do not fit unless they are very special.

DOUGLAS

This came in today and it is special. Man this is a GREAT hat!! It is very soft and is in perfect condition and it came with a very substantial box which looks to be original to the hat. This hat has got some beautiful details.
DSCN3529.jpg

DSCN3530.jpg

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

DSCN3533.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3537.jpg

The sweat band is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members