Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just got's to know.....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I've googled and searched here, there and everywhere... and I've come up dry. So now I'm just gonna ask.

Just what the hell WAS that jacket Elvis wore in his '68 Comeback Special? Custom made with the pants or some particular brand. I HAVE to know...

Worf

Last edited:

Aerojoe

Practically Family
icon_eek.gif

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Before he went all 1970s on us Elvis was a good looking dude. Drugs, peanut butter & banana sandwiches and bad clothes ruined the guy.
Preach on brother. Elvis, as Eddie Murphy rightly said, was rugged when he was allowed to be the rocker he wanted to be, instead of the schmaltz the Colonel dreamed up. Sigh... what coulda been.

Worf

Rathdown

Practically Family
I seem to recall that most, if not all of the actual tailoring of Elvis' stage costumes was done by Nudi in North Hollywood, California.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Before he went all 1970s on us Elvis was a good looking dude. Drugs, peanut butter & banana sandwiches and bad clothes ruined the guy.

He always had some pot belly
eusa_snooty.gif

I like best his early era while in Sun Records, with Scotty Moore and Bill Black. These two guys were really a piece of good musicians.

During 1960s and 1970s Elvis still did some good rock and roll too but his look and his pose were way too cheesy. And then he started to get fat and more fat until he died in his throne, wc. :eusa_doh:

Huge Elvis fan. Extreme fame can ruin anyone - and the leeches that attach themselves to you probably are the biggest danger. Nobody will be honest because they dare not risk losing the connection to someone famous. Very sad. I was pretty upset when Elvis died. We all got Elvis license plates for the front of our cars.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Huge Elvis fan. Extreme fame can ruin anyone - and the leeches that attach themselves to you probably are the biggest danger. Nobody will be honest because they dare not risk losing the connection to someone famous. Very sad.

You know what he said; walk a mile in my shoes, yeah before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes ;)

Terrible his cover of "Proud Mary", BTW :cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe