Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don't own a...

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Yup. Down in cowtown. lol Trying to avoid the heat as much as possible & wondering how people in "them thar olden days" coped without A/C. ???

Edward

Bartender
Derek, Mario, Edward...

I certainly don't mind the air conditioning at work, let me tell you. However, at home it's just not necessary for me. Pjs in the freezer at night, ice cream, water on hand - that'll do! Ha ha.

It's common that it gets over 30 C here (over 86F) consistently in the summer, we all find ways to cope! Popsicle anyone?
X
BD

PJs n the freezer... I might try that, actually. I know there were some days last year when it got hot at home, I put a fedora in the freezer for half an hour then wore it. Lovely.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Them lol I've got video footage from my security cameras of them relieving themselves in my yard, throwing lawn chairs over my fence, trying to knock my fence down. I caught one guy trying to relieve himself in my gas tank when I had my squad car. He thought I was a county mountie.

:puke: thats gross! Sicko's

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tom, maybe your area should be "wired" next time, in case of "leakage..."
The suspect or suspects will still be there, in a "Michael Jackson" pose, rolling on the ground. :)
I don't own anything "I" either, someone mentioned that.
Too much connectivity makes me nervous, given the book 1984. Just funny about that.
Oh A/C in my town is a must.
I'm headed to TX soon to visit my inlaws, and I've ordered a portable A/C for the room I'm going to be staying in, it's the storage room of the house more or less. Hey away from my MIL, where I can read and have my 2 dogs with me is nice enough, but I'd like air.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Just us tough, strong, willful, and determined people.

(Note I didn't say smart.)

Yup. Not smart at all. They settled in Texas!

Oh A/C in my town is a must.
I'm headed to TX soon to visit my inlaws, and I've ordered a portable A/C for the room I'm going to be staying in, it's the storage room of the house more or less. Hey away from my MIL, where I can read and have my 2 dogs with me is nice enough, but I'd like air.

It's not enough just to be away from your MIL? You wanna be comfortable too? :rofl:

I've only had 2 cars with A/C, my Crown Vic Squads. My Chevy Wagon, my Mercury Wagon, and my Silverado all are A/C equipped, but none work. The compressors have been bypassed in both wagons and I believe the one in my truck needs a recharge. I don't plan on fixing them.

On the A/C subject, until I was 25 I'd never had a car with it. And the newest ride I'd owned was a '72. Now, you Northern folk probably are thinking no big deal...

At the time I was living in West Texas, 200 miles from water, 2 yards from Hades. Let me tell you, all a "dry heat" does is turn you into human jerky. It's not any cooler. 33 straight days of 100+ temps. You can light matches by touching them to the sidewalk (done it).

Then I moved to Atlanta (Hotlanta) and learned what humidity was....boy did I learn. Was driving a '70 Chevelle with black vinyl interior. Let me tell you, 45 minute to 2 hour commute each way during the summer...never again! I think it must sorta be what a lobster goes through...only they don't drop you in head first.

Now I'm back in Texas...and glad to be here. I'm in DFW (That's Dallas/Fort Worth for those not in the know), and it's a nice median between the two other extremes. So, yes...you can get used to it. As for the environmental concerns...the new style freon (R-134a) is as close to safe as anything you can get. I'd be more worried about using plastic which is far more harmful.

Now living without heat? Not gonna happen. I don't do cold.

I've only had 2 cars with A/C, my Crown Vic Squads. My Chevy Wagon, my Mercury Wagon, and my Silverado all are A/C equipped, but none work. The compressors have been bypassed in both wagons and I believe the one in my truck needs a recharge. I don't plan on fixing them.

Gee, I have AC in my 55 Chevy and it works. :p I hardly ever use it out here since it is too darned cold to use it most of the time though.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld