Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am looking for a hat shop

lennie

New in Town
I live in east tennessee around knoxville and i want to buy a nice hat I will order online but i am new to hats and i would like to try it on and look at the differnt styles anyone know of a shop in the area. :fedora:

duggap

Banned
Hat shop

I can't help you in K'ville, but in Chattanooga there is the Wormser hat shop on Broad Street downtown. They carry the usual commercial stuff but you can try hats on and get an idea what you like. If your in town give them a try.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ya' don't say...

Hi & greetings from Knoxville to you two fellow Volunteers!

duggap, I had NO idea there was a wormser store in Chattanooga ...I thought Wormser had bitten the dust long ago...thanks very much for the heads up... might be worth the drive!

lennie, sorry to say I do not believe there has been a hat store in this town for many a moon. The closest that I think we have are a couple of tack shops, here in K'town and at least one in Pigeon Forge. They are ok as far as they go, they'll sell you a bottle of stiffener or hat cleaner & they will trim a brim for you, but don't expect anything approaching a hat shop.

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
lennie said:
I live in east tennessee around knoxville and i want to buy a nice hat I will order online but i am new to hats and i would like to try it on and look at the differnt styles anyone know of a shop in the area. :fedora:

This web site http://www.felthats.com/hats_info/style.html may also give you some useful info about which hat styles would look best with your features. Many Loungers, including me, believe the wider brim styles (~2 3/8" and wider) are the most attractive. Good luck.

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
lennie said:
thanks for the help do you know if Wormser is open on saturday thanks:eusa_clap

Monday thru Saturday 9 to 6. Mr. Rhee Lee helped me when I was there, and was very accommodating. They have some nice hats, as modern Stetsons go, but also a lot of junk, so don't be put off by most of what is in the window or on display inside. They might have a few modern Borsalinos this time of year--none when I was there in the spring.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Optimo

lennie said:

Chicago offers Optimo, located in Beverly Hills along south Western Avenue.
Quite a jaunt from your neck of the woods, but well worthwhile.

duggap

Banned
Wormser

The Wormser hat store in Chattanooga is the decendent of the original Wormser hats. The store was sold to a long time employee after the failing health of the original owner. Now the store is owned by an oriental couple. Because of the language issues I can't really say if they are true hatters or not. They carry Bailey and Stetson and some others I didn't recognize. But it is still is a hat shop and fun to look around in. Duggap And yes they open on Saturday's. The phone number is 423-266-5083.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe