Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Be thankful you don't have my problem. I'm only three years older than my wife, but many times people have mistaken us for father and daughter!

Brad

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Hello to everyone. I am new here but have haunted the lounge for awhile now. I am 36 years old. I feel like I know most of y'all already from reading the posts. I am from the hometown of Kay Kyser. I have always enjoyed the 30's and the 40's and I take part in WWII Living History. I am CO of the 13th "Jungle" Air Force Living History Detachment. My father was a member of the 13th Air Force in WWII and was in the Pacific. He is still alive and I am taking him to his reunion in Huntsville on the 19th of this month. I appologize for being so long winded.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I always have a good time with the 13th AF vets. I took my father to his first one in 2000. I went with one father and left the reunion with 100 fathers. They are always sending me uniforms, photos and other real nice goodies. I plan to open up a museum dedicated to the 13th "Jungle" Air Force, sometime in the future. They deserve to be remembered. It was Rex Barber that shot down Admiral Yamamoto on 18 April 1943. He was a pilot in the 13th Air Force at the time of the shootdown. I handle their membership database and keep up with their history through an organization that I started, called: Jungle Air Force Historical Society.

Bebop

Practically Family
I am 48, don't feel a day over 30 and I love it. I can't wait to turn 50. Don't get me wrong, I don't want life to end soon, I just want to see what is around the corner. I don't know what the big deal is. I think I even look better now than I did years ago. My wife agrees that I have grown into my face and developed muscles where there were none before ;) . I may not be able to do boot camp with a smile on my face again, but I can sure out think, out calm, and out smart alot of the younger people I deal with. I have learned things you can only learn by being around longer than the next guy. Proud to be a 48 year athiest with no poitical party affiliation whatsoever.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Old, not me! But my kids are getting there (over forty crowd ya' know)

I was born 3 months and 3 weeks after Pearl Harbor. I have seen all my family in the clothing and styles that we all are now looking for. Sadly these items were not considered treasures at the time. As family members passed away clothing was given to Goodwill, Salvation Army or to the Church for distribution to needy families. Actually a fitting end for these garments, but I would love to have my Grandfathers 3 piece black, wide-lapel, pinstripe from Samters in Scranton Pa.

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
I'm 49;

Chad Sanborn said:
I am 33. Its an awkward age. I don't feel old, but when I go to bars they are filled with college students, who think I am middle aged!

Chad

... which of course means I'm experiencing my 50th year. I remember feeling like Chad, but even that's behind me now. My students guess my age at anywhere from 40 to 80. What do they know!?

Williamson

New in Town
I am 44. First post in "quite a while". Yikes, next year if we have this thread I will have to check the last box....45 and over.That means I will be in the league with Michaelson and Co.... My goodness how this place has grown. Glad to see so many great ladies and gentlemen keeping company here at the lounge. Regards, Williamson.

Michaelson

One Too Many
You're just a bit behind me, old friend. I hit 50 in May and am well on the way to 51 now. Man, this year has flown. :p

Regards! Michaelson

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Found this post...

while digging through some old boxes behind the bar. Figured it could use a good dusting off so some of the new crowd could add their ages to the mix if they'd like.

edit: remember to vote in the poll at the top of the page.

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
Kudos to Zohar for reopening this Thread.

None but The Captain has posted older than me. I'm 68 going on eternity...

I well remember Mother's tears at F.D.R.'s death and Corwin's On a note of Triumph!. Opening line: "So you've licked the Hun..." Wireless broadcast of Bikini atomic test. Basie at Birdland and Lenny at the Vangard and The Duke at Basin Street. Shepard on the radio and Long John Nebel...

Have been round and about the Quad and done that. Maintained traction for most of the journey, barely at times.

If snooze you lose, use it or sell it.
:eek:fftopic: :deadhorse :arated:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe