Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much crown is too much

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
The line between too little and too much is a fine one indeed! :p

tallcrown2.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Cigarband said:
Is that LBJ standing behind Cal?:D

I'd venture to say no, as Coolidge was president in the early 20's and LBJ assumed command when Kennedy was shot in 1963. Coolidge and the gent behind him appear to be nearly the same age.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've said it before and I'll say it again, as long as there are ladies that dig it, there's no such thing as too much crown.

stetsonmascotn.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
coolidge3Sm.jpg

It looks like someone is a Calvin Coolidge wannabe lol.
I would never have guessed that Cal was such a screwball. :p I mean that hat has got to be a gag right? It looks as though the felt is about an inch thick, and the whole thing is over-the-top BIG,....
The jacket he's wearing is stylin' though I must say.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Wow, the hat on the left is tooooo high... He wears it better than I would though! On the other hand, the man on the right has the perfect crown height for his head.

I don´t think it was originally meant for normal head lol

3481285331_0ea077864c.jpg

Is that the skull of a Hun? Funny, apparently they may be some of my ancestors, but that's not to say anything of the large skull; that was cranial deformation put in place from birth! Seems to have been a gruesome process.

DRB

One Too Many
doncarlos, I got a chuckle out of that one :D

I once read that the crown height of your hat should be the same as the distance from your chin to your eyes.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would never have guessed that Cal was such a screwball. :p I mean that hat has got to be a gag right? It looks as though the felt is about an inch thick, and the whole thing is over-the-top BIG,....
The jacket he's wearing is stylin' though I must say.

Hi

To quote someone else here at FL, Tom Mix thought he was Calvin Coolidge. That hat has a rolled brim, it's not really that thick. That style was popular in his day, cowboys were still cowboys, but there was enough money around (not the depression yet) to blow on a nice drinking hat.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe