Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

VansonRider

A-List Customer
Just won this beauty from a Swedish vintage-site, It's from a Swedish brand called Whyred, and seller said it was a prototype that never made it to production. The jacket is modeled after a Swedish military jacket "Motorjacka m/1954"(please correct me here if I'm wrong). Been after a real one for a while as I personally love the design(and I may be a biiiit biased haha).

It's a size 38 and no measurements from seller so it's a shot in the dark, but I paid like 30 dollares for it so worth the risk!

View attachment 646367 View attachment 646368 View attachment 646369 View attachment 646370
The Swedish Dispatch is one of my all time favorite designs! I have a Hein Gericke and a Vanson version and they’re both awesome.

I’ve gotten good at getting in and out of pullover styles so I up’s the degree of difficulty with an unlined Jo-o-kay. I love this style.
IMG_3308.jpeg

VansonRider

A-List Customer
I have the Vanson. However, the Hein Gericke is an underrated jacket. For the price, it is hard to beat them both. If in a cold day, you can heavily layer on those two.
The HG I have closes with two hook and eyes, and a clip and eye at the waist. Three inner buttons up the center. Three outer buttons for the double breast, two toggles at the shoulder, and an adjustable slide hook at the neck.
My wife has accused me of deliberately making things more difficult to appease my ADHD, and she may have a point…

And since this is the “what jackets do you have coming” thread, I should admit I snagged that 48 Vanson Swedish on EBAY just today. The one with some damage at the waist by the lacing.

I’ve also got a California Leather Creations cross zip on the way. It looked heavier than their usual offerings, and it shipped at 7.2 lbs, so I’m hoping for a nearly 7 pound jacket.

I also most recently picked up Vanson Teton.
It is Too Big.
Looks like Costanza’s puffer coat from Seinfeld.
I’m deciding if it’s worth sending to Vanson for alterations, or if it needs to be released into the wild. The Teton is their four pocket touring coat, and I have a Barbour International and it totally works a little oversized. The Teaton, not so much. Maybe with some tailoring and a belt…

Last edited:

Herrvallmo

New in Town
The HG I have closes with two hook and eyes, and a clip and eye at the waist. Three inner buttons up the center. Three outer buttons for the double breast, two toggles at the shoulder, and an adjustable slide hook at the neck.
My wife has accused me of deliberately making things more difficult to appease my ADHD, and she may have a point…

And since this is the “what jackets do you have coming” thread, I should admit I snagged that 48 Vanson Swedish on EBAY just today. The one with some damage at the waist by the lacing.

I’ve also got a California Leather Creations cross zip on the way. It looked heavier than their usual offerings, and it shipped at 7.2 lbs, so I’m hoping for a nearly 7 pound jacket.

I also most recently picked up Vanson Teton.
It is Too Big.
Looks like Costanza’s puffer coat from Seinfeld.
I’m deciding if it’s worth sending to Vanson for alterations, or if it needs to be released into the wild. The Teton is their four pocket touring coat, and I have a Barbour International and it totally works a little oversized. The Teaton, not so much. Maybe with some tailoring and a belt…

Awesome, would love to see some pictures later! TFL need more of these beautys :D still waiting for mine, seller are super slow...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
My first purchase on western style shirt, looks fine

GridArt_20241018_094342424.jpg
Screenshot_20241018_091233_Gallery.jpg
I have no idea how to tuck in a shirt properly and the fabrics is starched, but its short enough to be worn untucked which I prefer, and nice collar, slant pockets, proper sleeve length, i dont know if I own this look, i think after a wash and not so starched and ironed would fit me more

Herrvallmo

New in Town
My first purchase on western style shirt, looks fine

View attachment 647517
View attachment 647518
I have no idea how to tuck in a shirt properly and the fabrics is starched, but its short enough to be worn untucked which I prefer, and nice collar, slant pockets, proper sleeve length, i dont know if I own this look, i think after a wash and not so starched and ironed would fit me more
Looks great! and it'll behave nicer after some wear! :)

Monte

Practically Family
Suits in Prince of Wales linen/wool. Gun check in wool, houndstooth in wool blend, English tweed, and Harris tweed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241012_171038_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241012_171038_Chrome.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20241013_092632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241013_092632_Chrome.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20241011_142113_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241011_142113_Chrome.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20241015_185702_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241015_185702_Chrome.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20241018_003130_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241018_003130_Chrome.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 4

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
It's a awesome design indeed :D seen a few Hein Gericke's out there, how are the quality of their jackets? :)
I had this Hein Gericke jacket 30 years ago for motorbike riding and it was indestructible. If I hadn't given it to a friend, it would still be in use today. However, I found the cut rather unfavourable for an everyday jacket. But brilliant for motorcycling.

Monte

Practically Family
Already have the pow check. Very happy w the linen/wool. But I'm most curious about the brown, medium weight tweed from cordings. I'm hoping the shoulders are not too big and bulky.

VansonRider

A-List Customer
It's an awesome design indeed :D seen a few Hein Gericke's out there, how are the quality of their jackets? :)
Hein Gericke had their jackets built overseas in various countries, but they were hand made, and each one went through an inspection process. They’re an off the rack, bulk brand, not a small shop making jackets a few at a time under one roof, so not a Johnson Leathers, or Vanson level of quality.

But they were built for riding, I trust the stitching and the leather. They made an insane amount of designs, unfortunately most of them are VERY 80’s looking. The V Pilot and the Dakar are probably the best known and top sellers. I have a couple Dakars, and it’s fantastic, and a great way to nab a belted, four pocket, leather touring coat for not too much money.

Where they can fall a little flat is the cuts of hides weren’t super choosy, and sometimes a panel can be a little spongier than I’d prefer. One of my Dakar jackets was made in Korea out of cow hide that’s a little stretchy? Like you can stretch it out in your hands (only widthways) and then it returns to shape. The makers were sure that the the stretch is all sideways in the coat so it won’t sag out of shape by stretching down. So, oddly tanned leather, but it was definitely accounted for during assembly.

But they are very functional on a bike, good venting, they also seal up tight, designed for the forward reach, and while they were made before armoring up was common, they mostly have reinforcing in the elbows and shoulders.

For me they shine the brightest as the least expensive way to get some very classic designs in an honest, really made for riding, jacket.

VansonRider

A-List Customer
Now I have a question!

I ‘ve got a California Leather Creations cross zip the way, it was an impulse buy because the pictures make the hide look crazy thick. I’m hoping for leather like what US MADE CO, or Natel/Natal use.

Sometimes I want to wear a cross zip that I’m not actively breaking in.

Shipping weight is over 7lbs and here are the seller pics…
IMG_0051.jpeg
IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg
IMG_0050.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider