Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

3.14nche

A-List Customer
CXL #8 is an itch I had to scratch
Aero Bootlegger
1728718462900.png

1728718516069.png

newtojackets

Practically Family
It had to have been a project for sure but yeah, it's doable. White leather like this is quite common, there's a lot of usage for it. If the patches are stitched through the lining, then that's a sure sign they were an afterthought. But even if the stitching is hidden under the lining, it just means the alteration was done with more care. You'd get to the inside of the jacket through the sleeve anyway.

The stitching on the patches looks slightly bit less precise than on the rest of the jacket, thought but that doesn't mean much.

I'm guessing it was done to hide a stitch holes from an earlier patch. Makes no sense to have patches there, otherwise.

The jacket fits you outstandingly in my opinion. It accentuates your shoulders by adding bulk while still looking trim, not boxy... I don't know, I really like this jacket on you. Worth altering the hem, if it bothers you.
Just to follow up on this- do you think I could remove the patches? Or is it better to leave them on to hide what I’m assuming will be a lot of stitch holes?

Thought it might be the case- guess I’ll have to learn to live with the patches
They integrate perfectly with the jacket. Gives it a 70’s Bates vibe. I wouldn’t dare remove them. I’m not convinced they aren’t part of the original jacket. I’ve seen 80’s era Schott with similar designs/features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cossack