Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
My collection of vintage wool jackets is about to go up to 6
Screenshot_20240919_215149_Instagram.jpg
000000131186_nw1zGHA.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My collection of vintage wool jackets is about to go up to 6 View attachment 641171 View attachment 641172
I'm up to a 10 in envy! Beautiful jackets. You know my admiration for these short wool half-belts. The brown jacket seems similar to a Hercules I own. Your jacket is an old one. There is a date on those grommet zippers, just look. It is small. 2 numbers the second is year. The second appears to have a Sunrise Box with the date cade.

The grommet zipper was replaced by the sunrise set up. the used this style for several years. The pulls are exquisite.

I'm excited!

I will look up my brown.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That maroon jacket is killer!!!
Thanks! I really love maroon/burgundy so I could not pass this one up. I'm very excited!
I'm up to a 10 in envy! Beautiful jackets. You know my admiration for these short wool half-belts. The brown jacket seems similar to a Hercules I own. Your jacket is an old one. There is a date on those grommet zippers, just look. It is small. 2 numbers the second is year. The second appears to have a Sunrise Box with the date cade.

The grommet zipper was replaced by the sunrise set up. the used this style for several years. The pulls are exquisite.

I'm excited!

I will look up my brown.
Unfortunately the zippers are both repros. The originals had to be replaced and the price was appropriate given that fact. He said he believes it's a late 30s or more likely early 40s Sears Hercules and you seem to have a similar thought in mind which makes me excited as I haven't had a Hercules wool yet.

I may have to have the sleeves and body of the brown one shortened. It's already got replacement zippers so I won't feel too bad and it should be an easy job.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately the zippers are both repros. The originals had to be replaced and the price was appropriate given that fact. He said he believes it's a late 30s or more likely early 40s Sears Hercules and you seem to have a similar thought in mind which makes me excited as I haven't had a Hercules wool yet.

I may have to have the sleeves and body of the brown one shortened. It's already got replacement zippers so I won't feel too bad and it should be an easy job

Ok, then the brown is mostly likely a Hercules labeled jacket. I recall it is a bit longer. I would not be concerned with a nicely replaced period correct reproduction zipper. Look forward to more.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Ok, then the brown is mostly likely a Hercules labeled jacket. I recall it is a bit longer. I would not be concerned with a nicely replaced period correct reproduction zipper. Look forward to more.
Thanks for the info! The replacement zipper seems nice. I'm only concerned about the length on me at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld