Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
FL is using Badalssi again right? Is that Badalassi? Looks amazing. Can’t wait for the show!
Nope, this is 'Italian cowhide'. Pigment dyed (the core is beige) unlike Badalassi which is full or semi aniline if I'm not mistaken.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
These 3 arrived. 2 out of 3 and aint bad. The left one has a big hole in the shoulder but not gonna seek to return it. Going to wear it until it disintegrate.
Also came in is a wool Jelado Hercules repro. Am happy that all 4 fit pretty well.
Favourable exchange rates are hard to resist.
if you fall in love with the vintage with the hole, it can get mended. I’ve seen some very good patch jobs they would reinforce from the back, fuse it together. And the weights will smooth out the repair area.
how you like the Sugar Cane jacket? I found one just for that Roughwear inner collar…
IMG_0350.jpeg
IMG_0351.jpeg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
if you fall in love with the vintage with the hole, it can get mended. I’ve seen some very good patch jobs they would reinforce from the back, fuse it together. And the weights will smooth out the repair area.
how you like the Sugar Cane jacket? I found one just for that Roughwear inner collar…
View attachment 532695 View attachment 532696
Thank you. I know a few Japanese workshops that do repair. Re-Sew at Schott Grand store for one but I don't think I would bother. There are cracks all along the shoulder and collar.
The HH on the Sugar Cane feels very similar to my the Few badalassi. I am very happy with it since it fits quite well and I paid less than USD 400.
Correction. It should be 3 out of 4 cause the wool Jelado repro half belt is newer than I thought. I don't know why it is listed as B condition and at 7490 yen by 2nd Street.
The Sierra has very smooth and pliable leather that does not feel like 70 years old despite the patina/discolouring. Of the few vintage halfbelts I own, the Sierra's leather is the best in terms of the condition of the leather.

jauregui

Familiar Face
View attachment 532695 View attachment 532696
Any images of the finished product? I have seen this process before but conditioner was added to facilitate the blending.

jauregui

Familiar Face
The sleeve work looks good. The back looks ok. I tend to use a different process when I repair a panel. Must be a very sentimental piece. The jacket appears to be a Canadian model?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The sleeve work looks good. The back looks ok. I tend to use a different process when I repair a panel. Must be a very sentimental piece. The jacket appears to be a Canadian model?
Neither my jackets but I've used the second service before, just my local leather repair shop.

And yeah, it's not the best but an option when just can't let go one of the old pieces.

Observe

One Too Many
Eddie Bauer down filled A2 style jacket off ebay for a reasonable price. Looks to be in almost new condition. My quest for a suitable winter leather jacket may well end here. Seller measurements seem a bit off, but I've worn EB outerwear in the past and it's always been size L. Screenshot_20230719_103211_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20230719_103228_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20230719_103247_eBay.jpg

Viking752

Practically Family
G-1 style jacket take 3., let’s see if third time is the charm. I completed a transaction for a Schott NYC G-1 naked cowhide. This will be my first new with tags jacket in a very long time. not sure if this guy buys these at the Schott factory sale but I picked this one up for roughly 1/4 the price on the website. With removable collar and zip out liner. He accepts returns so very low risk.

IMG_0323.jpeg
IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
G-1 style jacket take 3., let’s see if third time is the charm. I completed a transaction for a Schott NYC G-1 naked cowhide. This will be my first new with tags jacket in a very long time. not sure if this guy buys these at the Schott factory sale but I picked this one up for roughly 1/4 the price on the website. With removable collar and zip out liner. He accepts returns so very low risk.

View attachment 533631 View attachment 533633

View attachment 533634
I see we're on a similar kick. I considered the 184SM (which I think is the one pictured in your post) but couldn't find a decent used one in my size, and it was a bit too rich for my blood new.

Viking752

Practically Family
I see we're on a similar kick. I considered the 184SM (which I think is the one pictured in your post) but couldn't find a decent used one in my size, and it was a bit too rich for my blood new.
I bought a Schott 174G G-1 in my tag size, fit perfect but is too short in the body. The one pictured is a newer longer style so hopefully it works. On the Schott site my size 52 always adds $200 plus dollars to their standard price, making this one almost $1200. As I mentioned, got a way better deal Otherwise would not have bought it.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I bought a Schott 174G G-1 in my tag size, fit perfect but is too short in the body. The one pictured is a newer longer style so hopefully it works. On the Schott site my size 52 always adds $200 plus dollars to their standard price, making this one almost $1200. As I mentioned, got a way better deal Otherwise would not have bought it.
I've seen this seller and always wondered about the darker pocket cover. These look like NOS stock for sure. Did you end up getting a 184SML? They are longer in the body and the sleeve. Was the leather uniform and perfect? Were the brass snaps corroded at all? Did the faux collar's number (four digits) match the jacket's number?

Viking752

Practically Family
I've seen this seller and always wondered about the darker pocket cover. These look like NOS stock for sure. Did you end up getting a 184SML? They are longer in the body and the sleeve. Was the leather uniform and perfect? Were the brass snaps corroded at all? Did the faux collar's number (four digits) match the jacket's number?
I will receive it next week and see the condition. It is a 184SM regular length, this one is 26” in the body and the new ones on Schott are listed as 27”. Hopefully it fits.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I will receive it next week and see the condition. It is a 184SM regular length, this one is 26” in the body and the new ones on Schott are listed as 27”. Hopefully it fits.
For you, I'd always try and get a "LONG", and you'd probably like the fit better. I'm actually just guessing from your earlier comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld