Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
I don't see this as any less out of cliche than cuffed jeans, plaid shirts and motorcycle leather jackets but there exist weirdos still wearing that stuff. :D

Very true that these things are all just personal taste! :)

Mine personally has changed, so that is what impacts my buying (and selling/donating). I'm just a different type of weirdo now :D.

But I suppose if we are discussing the market value for certain styles of clothes in relation to an asking price on Grailed or Ebay, etc., it would be relevant to discuss whether the overall demand for particular items/styles is up or down. That should factor into the true market-based assessment of value/price.

Very true that these things are all just personal taste! :)

Mine personally has changed, so that is what impacts my buying (and selling/donating). I'm just a different type of weirdo now :D.

But I suppose if we are discussing the market value for certain styles of clothes in relation to an asking price on Grailed or Ebay, etc., it would be relevant to discuss whether the overall demand for particular items/styles is up or down. That should factor into the true market-based assessment of value/price.
This^ That’s what I was trying to get at too. There’s a plethora of sellers marking stuff at beyond ridiculous prices and it just sits there as a placeholder for an eternity.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Theodoros is working on the final details of my 50s style mc jacket.

02662714-0F7C-4117-B457-C6F3B77F17EE.jpeg
3738DC86-D3B8-42E3-A178-482828652770.jpeg
CC4B9535-B3B6-4330-B6CB-610C8251F578.jpeg
E55D35DC-F07A-44EB-A621-A3F5B19502D3.jpeg
26436BC2-9DD0-4F14-BF95-31188A6076A4.jpeg
200661E0-F4F9-4D79-A767-6FBF2FDE3353.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

The leather aging is really subtle and nicely done, i also like the way the small brass dots on the top of the ticket pocket are slightly overlapping it reminds me of sleeve buttons on suits and is really quite elegant on that jacket, nice idea, did you ask for that or is that Theo's idea?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The leather aging is really subtle and nicely done
There's a fine line between fake aging and convincing distressing. Initially I went with a washed hide only (no ageing, only beeswax finish) but I changed my mind when Thedi posted a pic of a beautifully distressed green mc jacket on Instagram. I told him that's what I wanted but even more subtle. Those browns peeking through look great together with the brown zipper tape and mouton.

i also like the way the small brass dots on the top of the ticket pocket are slightly overlapping it reminds me of sleeve buttons on suits and is really quite elegant on that jacket, nice idea, did you ask for that or is that Theo's idea?
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they're individual studs. It looks like they're welded together? I saw them on some jacket when I visited their store and I thought it looked really cool.

Also note there's no branding except for the label on the inside :)

I'm so stoked. If all goes well the jacket will be delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Double Helix “The Boxer” suede horsehide in 38.
Could be a touch shorter and would have preferred it without the cupro lining , but my goodness it’s a beauty, and such an intoxicating scent, love it!
Here’s some misfit pics, sorry about the background (well, about other stuff too) but it’s tough to get a long view in a short house.
4C637490-2374-4953-999E-5422A0EE10D6.jpeg
4B888519-0CB7-43A4-968A-A0382F2D1469.jpeg

There's a fine line between fake aging and convincing distressing. Initially I went with a washed hide only (no ageing, only beeswax finish) but I changed my mind when Thedi posted a pic of a beautifully distressed green mc jacket on Instagram. I told him that's what I wanted but even more subtle. Those browns peeking through look great together with the brown zipper tape and mouton.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they're individual studs. It looks like they're welded together? I saw them on some jacket when I visited their store and I thought it looked really cool.

Also note there's no branding except for the label on the inside :)

I'm so stoked. If all goes well the jacket will be delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
That looks superb!! The d pocket is just gorgeous and the hide looks far more substantial than what I typically see from Thedi. Beautiful!!!

Not sure how it's been in Chicago but on this side of the lake we haven't had much cold weather and no snow. Record high of 65F a few days ago and another 0.5-0.75" of rain last night. Can't say I really miss getting up early to shovel the driveway.
Yep, same here. Just a wild range of temps waging war on my sinuses! Seems like we don’t get snow now until February.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not mine, my brother is also getting into LW, i made the mistake of sending him a link to a good deal in his size last year... Now even i am envious of this one:

Ilzsmo9.jpg
That’s beautiful Carlos, I think Stuart might put off his retirement a little longer just to keep making jackets for the two of you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld