Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

This arrived, sadly too big. One of those jackets I really regret doesn't work. Germany made, 80's I guess in leather that's just beyond perfect. Heavy yet super soft and easy to wear, beautiful sheen & texture. Hard to capture it on a photo but maybe you can see. Just the right kind of black leather.

This is one of those European jackets made to do the job. Very well put together, tough as nails, some lovely details all around tho nothing that doesn't serve some kind of purpose. Six pockets. Padded rayon lining.
Hard not to love a jacket like this.

20201224-110850.jpg

20201224-110905.jpg

20201224-110911.jpg

20201224-110921.jpg

20201224-110939.jpg

20201224-110943.jpg

20201224-110948-0.jpg

20201224-111000.jpg

marker2037

Practically Family
Thanks! Definitely hoping the sleeves will come up a bit without having to modify them. The intention with additional snaps would be to make the cuff tighter and ride higher up on the wrist? If so may be a tough sell, the cuffs are really thick and could be pretty uncomfortable if too tight.

That kind of suede jacket you linked is exactly what I was thinking of!

The liner is just light brown cotton dril

View attachment 294397

For the leather all I can say is that it’s quite different from the hide on the Vicenza Seven I had. I haven’t handled Aero’s CXL FQHH so dunno for sure. For the color change on either it does seem to come down to batch a bit, and some CXL FQHH seems to change a lot more? Not really sure.

Yeah I’m definitely too excited to be unbiased about everything right now. Or am I? You be the judge- here are a few of me being a total nut job when I first tried it on heh
View attachment 294398 View attachment 294399

It sure as heck doesn't look like Vicenza and it's absolutely not CXL as it's not pull up and they don't make any color close to that. Maybe it's natural or tan jerky?

When I see something like that becoming a part of the family, I'm as happy as if I had bought it. I hope it'll work & if not, dibs. These are my favorite jackets in the world, apart from Schott Perfecto.

Thanks bud. I was considering an early to mid 60s version of the jacket at almost 3x the price of this one. The one I sent you last week. This one still has the design cues from the 50s MC Hercs so it’s gotta be 1961-62. I think the next year, two most (so 1963-64) you can see subtle changes. Like the positioning of the coin pocket flap, shape of the D pocket, etc.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If that's Vicenza, though, I want something in it because it looks 100X nicer than any Vicenza I've ever seen. And much thicker, too. Ask Aero what is it, I'm curious as well now.
I’m reaching out to Aero and Greg Field (since he made it) to see if they can shed more light on the hide
@Mrfrown, I have an Aero Highwayman in Horsehide that I picked up off eBay last year that may be made from the same leather.
9C8A3D3E-6083-4446-9324-CABA60DFC117.jpeg

6B67F12F-6D7D-4016-8D46-2E365CE04E41.jpeg

Weight wise it is very similar to CXL but without any of the pull up. I too was curious about the hide when I received the jacket so I reached out to Aero to see what they could tell me. They replied that this was a “rare mid weight horsehide that maybe only a couple of jackets would have ever been made from this”.
Not sure if our jackets are twins but wouldn’t that be cool if they were!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
@Mrfrown, I have an Aero Highwayman in Horsehide that I picked up off eBay last year that may be made from the same leather.
View attachment 294544
View attachment 294545
Weight wise it is very similar to CXL but without any of the pull up. I too was curious about the hide when I received the jacket so I reached out to Aero to see what they could tell me. They replied that this was a “rare mid weight horsehide that maybe only a couple of jackets would have ever been made from this”.
Not sure if our jackets are twins but wouldn’t that be cool if they were!

Very cool! From this distance they do indeed appear to be the same color and character.

I’ll report back if/when they reply but seems like a safe bet that they’re the same leather.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This arrived, sadly too big. One of those jackets I really regret doesn't work. Germany made, 80's I guess in leather that's just beyond perfect. Heavy yet super soft and easy to wear, beautiful sheen & texture. Hard to capture it on a photo but maybe you can see. Just the right kind of black leather.

This is one of those European jackets made to do the job. Very well put together, tough as nails, some lovely details all around tho nothing that doesn't serve some kind of purpose. Six pockets. Padded rayon lining.
Hard not to love a jacket like this.

20201224-110850.jpg

20201224-110905.jpg

20201224-110911.jpg

20201224-110921.jpg

20201224-110939.jpg

20201224-110943.jpg

20201224-110948-0.jpg

20201224-111000.jpg

that's a blouson... :D

I broke down and asked the seller for a picture of the P2P. It turned out to be a bit bigger than stated in the description. So, in addition to the Sears MC jacket, this Windward is on the way.

View attachment 295276

Those sleeves look mega wide, though. Very nice jacket in any case.

Something I've learned about myself... While I ought to not care, cross zip without pocket zipper piping is a complete deal breaker for me and I can't even understand why. I've missed out on quite a few otherwise brilliant Perfectos for that reason.

Something I've learned about myself... While I ought to not care, cross zip without pocket zipper piping is a complete deal breaker for me and I can't even understand why. I've missed out on quite a few otherwise brilliant Perfectos for that reason.

I did notice that. Some of the old Windward MC jackets do have the piping but I can’t recall which (piping or no) is the norm. I bought this jacket partially because of the Jelado repro I used to own that was too small. It was awesome. No piping on that one either. Now I need to find a Sportclad for a good price.

In any case, obviously not a deal breaker for me.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

What do you mean with pocket zipper piping?

I thought there was the 'basic' zipper pocket:
6F3A9CAE-A9E6-4547-AACC-EF39613F0830.jpeg

Single welt pocket :
A34ABF62-64CE-4EDA-98E0-85C911883F48.jpeg

Double welt pocket:
722F4332-1B09-4BFB-A83F-6CCED4BF1EF5.jpeg

Piping / cording is sometimes used to prevent the zipper from getting stuck on cloth fabric:
4AF4DE5B-C665-422A-A96E-5905B64EC1F0.jpeg
6859BB10-BEAC-40E5-860A-A72192CFC686.jpeg

Edit: typo

@Marc mndt , yeah, welts is what I meant. I just dislike exposed zippers and to such an extent that it will stop me from buying an otherwise beautiful jacket, even if the deal is good.
Same as I dislike these round zipper pulls with a passion. I'd rather have key rings instead. But I'm not saying they're bad or ugly, just something I simply dislike. Was thinking of starting a thread about what is it that people don't like to see on jackets but it might go south...

635_2.jpg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Marc mndt , yeah, welts is what I meant. I just dislike exposed zippers and to such an extent that it will stop me from buying an otherwise beautiful jacket, even if the deal is good.
Same as I dislike these round zipper pulls with a passion. I'd rather have key rings instead. But I'm not saying they're bad or ugly, just something I simply dislike. Was thinking of starting a thread about what is it that people don't like to see on jackets but it might go south...

635_2.jpg

Let it go South :)
I think these days we are able to get a good conversation out of these kinds of topics, there have been many interesting conversations lately :)

For my part, what I don't like to see on jackets... I need to think. I don't have a quick answer off the top of my head

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

635_2.jpg
I hate to see these zipper pulls too. I think that's because I associate them with fashion / mall jackets. These are never seen on quality jackets. Same holds for the 'echtes leder' tag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld