Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Man, that was the golden era of bodybuilding - Arnie, Lou Fergino, Frank Zane, Mike Mentzer, Tom Platz, Dave Draper (RIP) to name a few. They looked better all around, not like these mass monsters these days.
It was man. Serge Nubret was my pic to win that Olympia but no one could compete with Arnold. It’s funny but watching that stuff reminded me of just how much I like idolized him. I had a 6’ poster of him in my room as a kid. Side chest pose and I swear that motivates me even to this day. And I agree. Once the Dorian Yates era hit it all got skewed. Lost its beauty IMO.

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family
It was man. Serge Nubret was my pic to win that Olympia but no one could compete with Arnold. It’s funny but watching that stuff reminded me of just how much I like idolized him. I had a 6’ poster of him in my room as a kid. Side chest pose and I swear that motivates me even to this day. And I agree. Once the Dorian Yates era hit it all got skewed. Lost its beauty IMO.

Everybody idolizes Arnie man. Serge and Lou were definitely up there, but no one could compete with the Austrian Oak. He had the charm, the charisma, the wit and the physique to back up his confidence that was often deemed as arrogance by his competitors. And the dude liked to f@ck with people’s head. Also the funny accent helped as well.

I’m a weightlifter so I’m more of a Franco kinda guy. But bodybuilding was way more entertaining to watch than weightlifting thanks to Joe Weider. And yes I agree. Dorian Yates fucked it all up for bodybuilding.

Ronnie and Jay were humongous. Phil Heath looks alright. Kai Green was entertaining with his little goofy-ass dance routine. But they’re all freakishly huge. Nothing appealing at all in terms of physique. And they’re also boring as hell lol. No one was ever the same level as Arnie.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
JC Penney, late 30s

s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Everybody idolizes Arnie man. Serge and Lou were definitely up there, but no one could compete with the Austrian Oak. He had the charm, the charisma, the wit and the physique to back up his confidence that was often deemed as arrogance by his competitors. And the dude liked to f@ck with people’s head. Also the funny accent helped as well.

I’m a weightlifter so I’m more of a Franco kinda guy. But bodybuilding was way more entertaining to watch than weightlifting thanks to Joe Weider. And yes I agree. Dorian Yates fucked it all up for bodybuilding.

Ronnie and Jay were humongous. Phil Heath looks alright. Kai Green was entertaining with his little goofy-ass dance routine. But they’re all freakishly huge. Nothing appealing at all in terms of physique. And they’re also boring as hell lol. No one was ever the same level as Arnie.
I will never forget the guest show from Albert Beckles and Tony Pearson while a local Bodybuilding championship in late 80's/early 90's. Also to name a few, Frank Zane, Tom Platz, Lee Haney, Samir Bannout, Lee Labrada, Rich Gaspary, Mike Christian, Bob Paris etc. They were also full of anabolica but before the time with the growth hormones... the Zombie era.

Nacho

Practically Family
I will never forget the guest show from Albert Beckles and Tony Pearson while a local Bodybuilding championship in late 80's/early 90's. Also to name a few, Frank Zane, Tom Platz, Lee Haney, Samir Bannout, Lee Labrada, Rich Gaspary, Mike Christian, Bob Paris etc. They were also full of anabolica but before the time with the growth hormones... the Zombie era.

Frank Zane has one of the best genetics in the history of bodybuilding. I mean, the guy has the perfect body ratio in the game. He was the embodiment of what kids these days call “aesthetics”.

Tom Platz was insane with his legs workout. His work ethic was unmatched.

Lee Labrada was another great one. 5’6 and 190lbs of badassery. Short little dude yet really commanded the respect from others. His son Hunter is following his father’s footsteps now. But I don’t think he looks as good as his dad.

And I agree with you, monsieur. As Ton said, once Dorian Yates, Lee Priest, Flex Wheeler and that generation came on the scene, it was gameover from there. Not to downside their hard work, but it wasn’t what it was anymore.

It’s great to see many members here appreciate the physical culture. It’s more than just a bunch of meatheads clanking the iron. It’s life, philosophy and testing one’s limits. Going through a heavy set of squat really changes a man’s perspective. Physical strength is indeed an important aspect of life.

jauregui

Familiar Face
yeah they show several different types on the site. View attachment 541037
The image presented is not a regular trojan pattern. It looks long about 1.5 longer in the torso. It bugs me a bit LW uses the same mouton collar pattern for all their cross-zipp motorcycle jackets. Would have loved to see more original work from him. At their current price, it is a shame original collar patterns are not followed. Most makers in their first productions makers (Trojan,Buco ect.) provided the same as the jacket hide belts. My friend purchased a big nice supply of leather from Stu. I going to make some "old-school" belts for some of my originals. Nothing wrong with Brittle leather garrison belts. Getting a belt from LW is about $300 delivered.

Can’t even think about jackets thanks to the pending and certainly lasting heat wave.
IMG_9675.jpeg

I’ve turned my attention to these ($13 on average) 70’s 100% polyester polos.
IMG_9643.jpeg
Will they cost me my marriage? Jury is out. I’m rolling the dice. 5 more due next week as I really lean in to my Asperger’s.

AHP91

One Too Many
Terry spoke highly of this jacket when it was posted. Price was very fair and numbers lined exactly up. Didn’t have to think too much when I purchased.

Very nice lightweight jacket that’s been cared for (hopefully I can keep that up) for a change of pace.

1940s windward suede horsehide

04AB944C-B085-430F-BEB6-81548D12E6CC.jpeg

7C9F50B6-7EF3-4017-BE98-6330911172DB.jpeg

8F4B156E-FCF6-463B-A84A-3A47ACECEA46.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld